Oath PBF companion thread, for rules questions and the like

Oh, then yes. Although I wonder if is not better to put favour into the peoples favour??

That requires a Recover action - costs 1 supply, and you lose all the Favor on the banner.

Never mind then. I will announce my final move in the main Oath thread.

You have only 3 supply after this. You started the turn on 6.

Oh I did? Meh. That does upset my plan just a teeny bit. Never mind. I‘ll keep doing what I posted. I keep messing up the supply counting. I‘ll be fine :smiley:

Muster how much? Once? On which card?

You have to have a target at your site to start a campaign. There are no targets at your site, so you cannot campaign against GeeBizzle. You also need to declare targets for your campaign.

Sorry, declared my intentions but not how, travel to mountain, using two supply, and then muster there using acting troupe, and campaign against GeeBizzle meeple.

You can only muster on cards at sites. You can’t “muster” from an adviser.

Also, you are on the Buried Giant. Probably worth using the power to travel for 0 supply, through the giant’s memory.

1 Like

Oh, I did miss that one. So I will muster using Spirit Snare, is that possible?

Very possible. That will prevent you from using the spirit snare action though, so it might make more sense to muster on a card without an action, like Keep or Warning Signals.

Also note my edit above - you can travel for 0 supply.

Yes, sorry, that is the one I missed. Actually, thinking it through, it is better to get rid of Warning signals.

“get rid of”? Muster does nothing to card beyond placing a favor on it.

Completely got the rule wrong, yes, one favour in it out of my 3.

OK, so, current turn is:

Muster from Nomads at Warning signals for 1 supply and 1 favor for 2 Warbands.

Travel to Mountain through the Buried Giant’s memories for 1 secret.

Campaign for 2 supply, selecting Yellow as defender. But what are your targets?

Can I steal the People’s Favour off him?

You can try, but that’s 9+1=10 defence dice, plus warbands. -1 attack die from the mountain. You might want to consider mustering more first…

1 Like

Keeping in mind that I did not have to use supplies to travel, I will muster again using Keep (and that leaves me with one favour in the bank?)

OK. If you are interested in a rough estimate of success:

Currently, roughly 1/3 odds of success. Mustering again could increase those odds to about 1/2. Either way, losses are likely high. The variance on 10 defence dice is huge.

You should probably specify that you are using the traveling doctor.

I was counting on him.

Let’s pump it to 11, I will do all the mustering I can, and raise the bar to 1 in 2. And what will be, will be.

I can’t quiet read the text but I have rangers which seems to do something.