Oath PBF companion thread, for rules questions and the like

Only on attack.

(On mobile, you can zoom in sufficiently to read it, but you may have to tap “download” to do so.)

Booo! Lazy rangers. Maybe it’s an iOS thing the resolution loses the smaller text next to the blue die.

OK, so, current turn is:

Muster from Nomads at Warning signals for 1 supply and 1 favor for 2 Warbands.

Muster from Order at Keep for 1 supply, 1 favor.

Travel to Mountain through the Buried Giant’s memories for 1 secret.

Muster from Arcane at Taming Charm (because you won’t be able to use the action) for 1 supply, 1 favor.

Campaign for 2 supply, selecting Yellow as defender, People’s Favor as target, Traveling Doctor as battle plan.

13 warbands, -1 attack for mountain.
9 favor on banner + oathkeeper = 10 defence dice + 3 warbands.

If that’s all correct and final, please post your turn in main thread.

1 Like

@Whistle_Pig @yashima @Chewy77 @GeeBizzle @COMaestro

It seems everyone is having trouble reading the cards on phones. The only way to do it is to tap the image to get the slightly less blurry image, then tap the little “download” symbol to the bottom left of the slightly less blurry image. That gets you the full resolution image, which I guarantee is clear enough to read on a phone.

2 Likes

Apparently Discord has started more than halving the resolution of the images I’m uploading. Looking back, they used to be 4375x3188, which I selected as the minimum resolution to keep everything clear.

The last 4 maps have all been converted to 1920x1399, which is illegible even after download. Prior to the unwanted conversion, the download step I mentioned in the previous post was actually pointless - the first tap gave the required resolution.

@RogerBW any idea what’s going on?

Dis course – Dis cord is the unaccountably popular centralised data-stealing replacement for IRC.

I’ve turned off the composer media optimisation; try it in a pm and let me know if that helps.

1 Like

I noticed that the images were blurrier than they used to be, but just blamed my phone :slight_smile:

Thanks Roger, problem sorted and the board uploads are legible again.

2 Likes

Damn does that mean my excuse for asking stupid questions is gone.

Thanks @RogerBW, even the tiniest text is completely legible.

1 Like

Sorry all, I have been semi-aware that it is my turn. But a few goings-on have kept my minds occupied enough that I kept forgetting. Today after lunch I will plan out my move. Thank you for your patience.

4 Likes

With the two warbands on my board, what are my odds of winning a campaign against bandits? They get just the 2 dice for the site?

My feeling for these dice is that they can go … themselves. Roll. I mean roll themselves. Obviously -.- These have the worst success quota for attackers and then you roll skulls. In any case, my gut feeling says you always need more attack dice than defense. Like twice as much. But I am sure someone with a bit more details on probabilities can help you out. Or maybe I should make an excel to calculate this.

I haven’t checked the math, but I’ve been relying on these tables to give me insight into questions like that: Fickle fate – some campaigning statistics | Oath: Chronicles of Empire and Exile.

4 Likes

Bandits get 1 die +1 for each site targeted.

So you would have to beat 1:1:1:2:2:3 AND have a warband left afterwards.

With two Warbands I’m guessing you roll two dice. Odds are you roll 1 or 2.

I think your odds of winning with a warband left to place are about 50%, which isn’t great when you can easily make it 100% after one muster.

Seeing as you have the spare secret, I think it’s only fair to let you use Spirit Snare before that final Travel. Which bank do you want a Favor from?

Edited my post to take a Favor from Arcane.

1 Like

(Oh, I suppose I should check whether you also want to use that Favor on Storyteller or Wayside Inn)

Edited again! I must say, this would be much easier to notice everything in person.

1 Like

Probably, but then you’d also have time pressure.

1 Like

Hey the Arcane Bank is MINE! My treasure… MINE!