Last game you bought?

For the other Village Rails owners here, I see that the designers have clarified on BGG that the “score 2 <thing> again” trip rewards were intended to mean “up to 2 <thing>” – if you only have 1 <thing> on that track, you still get points.

3 Likes

So in a fit of madness, I took the plunge and ordered Mansions of Madness: 2nd edition. It should be here tomorrow, just in time for a Halloween game night!

8 Likes

Went back to my FLGS because they were having a sale on Arkham Files products for their event, but the store side had closed last night before the game ended. The employee said they would honor the sale for us today if we came in. Got the four Investigator packs for AH TCG that I did not have for $10 each.

5 Likes

When Amazon fully takes over the world at least it will be easier to buy games from Japan.

9 Likes

Went to bristol yesterday and as is my duty, MY DUTY, to support local independent retailers I bought New York Zoo and Pearl expansion for Res Arcana.

NYZ has a nice feel and general smoothness with fiddly bits on the edge which have the appearance of sellotape over a design that got busted in play testing.

9 Likes

So I bought AuZtralia.

My impression is that the TaZmania expansion is great for solo and 2P games, so if I like the base game I’ll probably end up with that as well.

I just watched this video and can recommend it as a clear and relatively quick (30m) demo of the solo gameplay. It felt like a half hour well-spent.

5 Likes

Oceans Legends of the Deep Kickstarter is live.

sigh I’m in.

I do love a good Ocean.

3 Likes

Ooooohhh, you naughty person…

Actually, I did a review of my games and Oceans came up in my top 10 (I am still slightly surprised…)

That upgrade pledge seems very interesting…

3 Likes

I do love Oceans as well but on top of that Dominic Crapuchettes is a local friend of a friend. I haven’t seen him since the Wits & Wagers days but I still feel invested in Northstar Games’s survival :slight_smile:

I don’t know if Oceans is top 10 material, but I do know if over-delivers every time.

3 Likes

I think my ranking went up because of how much I played the app while I had an Android phone, and how much I would play it rather than other games that take more time to set or are longer. I definitely own or have played 10 games that are better, but they would not hit the table as often as Oceans… or I would not be so inclined to play them instead.

3 Likes

My last crowdfunding game for the season, I believe (unless The Witcher makes it for Christmas, which I doubt), Mind MGMT arrived yesterday to my door. And I believe I am going to need a bigger set of shelves…

6 Likes

I thought the same thing after the Everdell Complete Collection arrived. I mean, it takes up a shelf by itself!

4 Likes

I didn’t even try to shelf that. It’s on its own inside the garage closet.

5 Likes

Ok, not a game, but I bought some 2X2 Kallax shelves second hand. The guy was selling four, I initially bought two, liked the look of them, did some measuring and thought I could fit the other two as well, so went back and got them as well. And a discount for buying four. Yes, it took two trips, but I only have a small car, was always going to be two trips.

Now I’m in my board game room admiring the view, and placing my favourites into the new shelves.

15 Likes

After some DHL package shenanigans… this turned up today:

Already punched and waiting to be put to the table after lunch :slight_smile: You can guess which one goes first :slight_smile:

The other one is going directly to the airy boxes thread.

9 Likes

You know that you are legally required to post your new shelves over on the shelfie thread? :wink: So that we can admire them, too? (Obviously, not a requirement, but I think I am not the only one who appreciates collection pictures)

9 Likes

No no, you’ve unlocked the secret “rearranging boxes” meta-game.

7 Likes

I have told myself that if I ever manage to get my garage cleaned up to the point that the table out there is usable, I am going to reward myself with Mage Knight.

Odds are good I will never own it :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

So you haven’t done the thing where you buy the game first as motivation to clean the garage? Fair play. :smiley:

5 Likes

You are not wrong.

And that is without having taken a single turn oO

9 Likes