Where on Earth are you!? Show us the sights from your part of the world

Welcome!

Let me know if you need any knowledge from a local.

5 Likes

I tend to refer to my child as “her” and “she”. I think the beach weather may have led to her (my daughter) not being very happy while mum surfed (or tried to learn to, more accurately). But the wind was all atmospheric.

2 Likes

I know, it was a far from perfect attempt at a joke, but despite its imperfections I found it too tempting to resist.

4 Likes

Blown over by possibility?

2 Likes

Another walk in Common Wood.

11 Likes

Fennels Wood today.

12 Likes

I got up at 2 am my time zone on the Atlantic Coast of the US. It is now 7pm my current time zone / 10 pm my usual time zone and that’s my husband at the Pacific Ocean. It has been a very long day and I am very tired.

10 Likes

Common Wood.this morning.

Lots of photos today

9 Likes

Just some late postings of spring around here

10 Likes

Went for a walk by the Thames. I stopped by a pub by the riverside. It’s been a while since I drank. I was charged £7.10 for a pint! I kept my cool and paid.

Goddamn Surrey.

9 Likes

That’s 2 pints here. The pub I play games in (and own a tiny part of) charges £3.50 for the guest ales.

3 Likes

Seeing a lot of good street art in London.

14 Likes

For that, in DC, you might be allowed to look at the menu.

We charge more for alcohol here, in general I think. Possibly a way to tax people on discretionary spending.

But yeah, about $8 is a beer out. $5 at happy hour.

4 Likes

It seems not that long ago when about £1 a pint was typical.

2 Likes

Its usually about £5ish in most places now. I’m sure someone from Yorkshire is about to say “Eyup, its tuppence a gallon up here, you soft southern shites…” :rofl:

7 Likes

It is weird living in a country where inflation is so much lower. 20 years here and prices (and wages) haven’t changed much at all, while in the UK everything is apparently five times more (except the value of the pound, which is some fraction of what it was - more than half, but not much more).

1 Like

In an EvilPubCo pub though it’s nearer £5 though

Alas not. Still less than a Surrey pint though!

2 Likes

You’ll never guess where I’m at

11 Likes

With my glasses on it’s quite easy to tell.

Until I put my glasses on, I thought that was Lenin and the Kremlin…!

5 Likes