Where on Earth are you!? Show us the sights from your part of the world

Don’t be fooled by the shirts.

2 Likes

Is this in Kansas?

2 Likes

Knott’s Berry Farm!

3 Likes

I’ve always wanted to see the Taj Mahal!

4 Likes

Don’t tell anyone, but if you circle that thing clockwise, Mickey’s nose lines up with Walt’s trousers just so…

A lot of pictures taken in high school.

4 Likes

Rare selfie (maybe the wrong thread) on the family holiday in Turkey. Super relaxing and a gamegenics box of card games with me (including Haggis thanks @Captbnut).

15 Likes

Something about the lighting makes it look like you’re on a blue screen. :smiley:

Enjoy your holiday!

4 Likes

In Stockport for Stabcon.

10 Likes

Rubbish photos that don’t really do it justice but i just had a weekend walking in Wales. From Swansea to Oxwich Bay on the Gower Peninsula

17 Likes

Did you say you were doing the coastal path? If so, when you get round to Rhosilli, make sure you get out to Worm’s Head (but watch the tides or you’ll get stuck overnight)

1 Like

Doing that on the next stage!

2 Likes

Out in Virginia’s Blue Ridge Mountains to be a bridesmaid in a wedding this weekend. No complaints about the view at the venue my friend and her soon-to-be husband picked.

7 Likes

Fun fact: Walt Disney started a studio in Kansas City before relocating to California.

But to answer your question: no

1 Like

The mountain appears to have disappeared overnight.

6 Likes

Anyone want to guess what this is for?

6 Likes

Something weather related.

I first thought it was a Maibaum but the houses don‘t look German enough for that.

1 Like

Maypole? It’s one hell of a Maypole and the monument would get in the way

1 Like

It is a maypole! The second tallest in the UK, in fact (26 m).

I’m not entirely sure how they avoid the war memorial while dancing :person_shrugging:

4 Likes

i had not realized this was a thing elsewhere

1 Like

Oh yeah, England and Wales since 1350-1400. Banned in the 1600s, revived in the 1800s. Definitely 1900-ish had competitions between towns to see which had the bigger, er, pole.

3 Likes