Welcome to new users

And we sometimes repeat ourselves a little.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Hang on, I recognise one of those names, unless my memory deceives me, from the actual television, from my actual childhood.

If the association turns out to be true then what a delight. I guess old habits die hard (if you’ll pardon the pun).

1 Like

Oh man, I can’t believe MinuteWalt died. :anguished:

6 Likes

Ooft! It’s painful to remember still.

Such a generous person.

3 Likes

So, are the SUSD forums just completely gone? If so, can someone perhaps advise me on how it might be possible to retrieve bits of it with the Wayback Machine or some such?

2 Likes

Hi Randomex. It’s good to see you.

Although the forums are gone, various bits of them still exist in people’s hard drives.

What do you need?

2 Likes

I’d like what I posted in the random quotes thread back. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool. I believe that @pillbox and @Griffster77 have text dumps. Send them a pm!

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t have comprehensive dumps and, specifically, I do not have a dump of that thread.

I might have it as well, but it is on my work computer and I am off for the coming week. I will try to remember to check when I get back if it doesn’t get dug out before then.

2 Likes

Is there any kind of new user self introduction thread?

If not, hi!

7 Likes

Welcome to the forums @Farvana, enjoy your time here!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forums. If you want to make a longer post telling us more about yourself there is the Introduction thread. Otherwise you can just jump straight into the ongoing conversations about recently played games, recent acquisitions or kickstarter or whatever else might interest you. Feel free to ask questions.

Have fun :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hi! I lurked here for a while and already created a thread, but I thought it wouldn’t be proper manners if I don’t pop in here to leave some self-introduction. I live in Korea and love board games! You might run into my comments on the SU&SD website, Youtube, or BGG. English is my second language, so pardon my grammar mistakes!

14 Likes

Welcome! (Also, as someone who has been paid to correct grammar of non-native-speakers, I’d say you’re doing all right so far.)

4 Likes

Welcome, after many poorly typed messages over the past year I reckon you’ve probably got a better grasp of English than me.

5 Likes

Also, you aren’t the only non-native speaker here :slight_smile: Welcome!
(I think mobile auto-correct destroys English more than most non-native speakers)

6 Likes

Your grammar is just fine. Welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome, from another non-native English speaker here. Enjoy the forums!

2 Likes