Welcome to new users

Hello, I lurked at the old forum for years, mostly to read the many wonderful play by forum rpgs that were played. You all inspired me to get a group together and play my own game, we did Pendragon and I’m not ashamed to say I took a great deal of inspiration directly from your game!

However, that group has evaporated and lost touch over the last year and so I am here because I would dearly like to play another game. I hope that’s OK!

11 Likes

Hello there and welcome to the forums :slight_smile: we’re glad to have you. if you’ve been lurking, you probably know where everything is and can jump straight in.

3 Likes

Thankyou! Yes, everything seems fairly familiar here, I seem to be lacking a little courage to jump straight in, is it too early for wine?

4 Likes

Roll for temperate vs indulgent! :grinning:

Welcome @ABitWhippet I’d love to hear about your Pendragon campaign.

Feel free to jump in wherever you want.

4 Likes

It… well, I shamelessly copied yours. I may have even had Hogarth as an NPC who did a lot of things your Hogarth did!

5 Likes

No shame in that - @RossM is a good role model.
Welcome!

4 Likes

Hopefully more successfully! How far did you get?

3 Likes

Our last game before lockdown was the invasion of Cornwall, we tried via zoom but it didn’t work out

4 Likes

I found using roll20.net with video chat worked quite well, what didn’t work was my time for preparing rpgs.

3 Likes

I think with my group, they needed the physical act of going to a house on a Saturday, getting a takeaway and so on, there was just too many distractions, and when half the group were no shows most of the time, which pretty much never happened before, gameplay just halted and it wasn’t fun anymore.

4 Likes

Welcome @ABitWhippet!

4 Likes

Hey all, it’s been a long time so no worries if you don’t remember me but I was pretty active on the old forums back in 2017 and 2018 especially on the GPC. Recently wanted to check back in and was distressed to see they’d been taken down but I still recognize some faces here which is a relief. Glad to be back!

17 Likes

Welcome back, I only joined in 2020 (I think), so we missed each other the first time :slight_smile: Hope you’re enjoying the new place.

2 Likes

Thanks! I originally couldn’t balance my time at my new job and posting on the old forums but I’m working from home now so figured it would be a good time to check back in. I am already lurking in the pbf section >.>

4 Likes

Always nice to see someone from the old boards find their way here. Welcome back!

4 Likes

Welcome!! Nice to have you back. I didn’t even know of SUSD back then, but I think I have been in the forums close to 3 years now…? Enjoy your stay.

4 Likes

Welcome back.

3 Likes

Ahoy there @Abubu

3 Likes