Welcome to new users

I’ve never seen that website before. It’s awesome!

3 Likes

Hello new friends!

I have been enjoying the phenomenal community on the old SUSD boards on a regular basis over the last few years, although somewhat quietly (I think I barely met the minimum requirements for the yearly Anniversary badge, which was 1 post/year). I was surprised how hard it hit me when I read about the closure of the forums and I felt regret that I never put in the effort to really engage with all the lovely people there. But alas - now there is a chance for redemption! I am really glad about what seemed to have been a smooth transition to this place and I would like to thank @RogerBW to provide a new home for both the long-time residents of the old forums as well as former lurkers like me :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Hey! @mr.ister! You have successfully qualified for that badge! (Secretly, we are all lurkers!)

3 Likes

Wow! I got three badges for this post, so my reward circuit is sufficentily tickled. Thanks for the warm Welcome.

6 Likes

I, too, am a lurker. I’m just very, very bad at it!

Welcome, mr.ister!

7 Likes

Lurking is most of the fun, isn’t it?

Welcome!

4 Likes

First, welcome!

Second… I hate to ask, but… is it pronounced “Mister Ister”, or “Murr-ister”?

3 Likes

Chumley, I think.

3 Likes

It is the first one. I guess 12yo me thought it was clever when he took his first steps into the internet :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

I was intending to lurk around in the background for a bit after the closure of the SU&SD forum, but then @RogerBW went and ran a game of Railroad Ink and I couldn’t resist joining in.

Hello everyone (again, to some of you).

12 Likes

The SU&SD front page now links here as the ‘SU&SD Unofficial Forum’.

12 Likes

Very happy about this :smiley:

3 Likes

Lovely! Hopefully they will change the link in their youtube videos as well!

Considering how I feared the transition would go, I’m pleasantly optimistic.

6 Likes

The weight of responsibility!

5 Likes

I’d say we should have a pinned post with a FAQ or something… but I suppose we’d have to have questions that were frequent before we could post something like a FAQ.

I’ll start:

• Why do you park on a driveway but drive on a parkway?
3 Likes

Paul is leaving???

2 Likes

“When is Wil coming back?”

1 Like

Because you’re American…?

As a Britisher, I park on a drive and get a train to/through a parkway :grin:

(waits patiently for the inevitable counterexamples)

2 Likes

Why don’t we make this an official forum?

1 Like

It is the official unofficial SU&SD forum. Thus it is written, so shall it be.

5 Likes