The Crowdfunding Thread

Years ago some study said the best day of the week to launch a Kickstarter was Tuesday. Ever since then, almost every board game Kickstarter at the very least launches on Tuesdays. I don’t know anything about this particular Tuesday, but it’s always Tuesdays.

5 Likes

Probably not the last Tuesday of the month, because people may be thinking about their upcoming rent/mortgage payment. Maybe not the first Tuesday, because people may still be reeling from their last rent/mortgage payment.

1 Like

Pre-Christmas hype?

By the way, al those projects I was seeing them on Wednesdays. If it wasn’t for @Brattyjedi, I would have thought Wednesday was the best day instead. Perks of being a day ahead, I guess…

1 Like

Dang time-travelling kiwis.

2 Likes

Same reason marketing shit lands on Tuesday’s. You’ve got over the weekend and want a tiny dopamine hit to tide you over to the next weekend.

I know, they got it all…

1 Like

Tuesday before SPIEL. So they can be up and running during SPIEL?

1 Like

Ahh, yeah, that’s probably it. I forgot that Spiel was imminent. So they can demo at Spiel and point people directly to their Kickstarter page (probably with QR codes and other tech-wizardry)

1 Like

Backed Paint The Roses, deluxe, yeah yeah yeah

I’m more than happy to back this and gift the game to one of my friends’ bday as a joke, but, mate, that shipping cost!

1 Like

This one seems tempting to me. Got the space biff review saved for some reading before I make a decision.

That Rock Paper Scissors feels extremely lame to me in the current context where it’s a complete excess for an expensive joke. Where it’s hard for stuff to get around the world and the idea of large boxes of plastics having an ethically dubious feels this just seems to add nothing of merit.

4 Likes

Agreed. It’s really only funny as a premise. Any legitimate execution would turn it from parody to… just sad.

3 Likes

And I am back at my favorite game “Which Kickstarter is that delivery notice for that I just got?”

I have a couple who said they were close to the warehouse and it may not even be a boardgame… (yes very very occasionally I back something other than boardgames.)

So which company is using ShipQuest? Ah it’s like Kinderüberraschung all over–except no chocolate.

2 Likes

Well, not only I got another email from Badlands Wolves confirming the games are shipping, but my Gamefound account has changed the pledge status for Bardsung to Shipping. Oooohhh (as they often say in Peppa Pig)

4 Likes

Have any of you played Circadians: First Light ? The KS for the second game in the series is up and I am wondering… my geekbuddy analysis just lets me know some reviewers liked it. I vaguely remember seeing it at Spiel and being interested but then I bought Architects of the WK that year and that was that.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/shem/circadians-chaos-order-first-light-2nd-edition?ref=discovery&term=chaos%20order

The second one has a very purple cover. So I am interested. (Yeah. What can I say. Colors.) And hex fields. Hex fields are the best fields.

4 Likes

I finally got Brick & Mortar from the mail. Hopefully this would work with the econ clique

1 Like

Its refreshing to see a KS campaign with no exclusives

2 Likes

Circadians was a nice game with some interesting mechanisms going for it. I gave it a shot and played a few solo games, but ultimately passed it on. Good, but didn’t have the hooks needed to stick around. The fact that my group was lukewarm about playing it due to the art didn’t help, though I happen to like the art.

2 Likes

2nd edition gets new art. It does look prettier.
I am more interested in the new game though. Area control…

2 Likes