The Crowdfunding Thread

I’m a little miffed that the trays and multilayer player boards for Voidfall are getting lumped in with a pile of minis I actively don’t want at a like $60 markup (I’ll just get the standard edition, I guess, but it stings not to be getting the trays or layered boards), but the game looks cool and the coop especially looks full-fledged and challenging, which is not something I see in Eurogames much at all, really. And of course, gorgeous Ian O’Toole art.

5 Likes

The layered boards especially have me grinding my teeth. They seems so useful, whereas everything else in that pledge is (to me) fluff. (The trays don’t actually put me off like the ship minis do, but without the ship minis, I wouldn’t have any use for them.)

:confounded:

2 Likes

I expected to be all-in on Voidfall (love me some minis), but I’m going to wait and see more of Fractal: Beyond the Void. Reading more on both, Fractal seems much closer to what I want from a space 4x game.

There’s also Avatar hitting KS later this year, a space 4x from Simone Luciani and…someone, lol. That sounds really solid as well from the early feedback I’ve seen.

Edit: for some context, this was one of the key comments on BGG that is making me lean towards Fractal;
“Correct Fractal is a game that encourage tactical combat, with a hybrid determinists RPS combat resolution system (Rock Paper Scissor).”

1 Like

I did back Voidfall with everything but I too am miffed that some components I want are mixed in with the minis… But I have waited for a Mindclash game I want to own and a space 4x game for a while and I can never have enough Ian O’Toole art.

I may yet go back to backing just the basic box. I have a few days to change my mind a few times.

3 Likes

I need to discuss Voidfall with my husband. Trickerion is a game we love and Anachrony a game we quite enjoy, we love co-ops which this can do, and we don’t have a 4X in our collection so I suspect we’ll back this. Need to dig into the details of it a bit with him to be sure though. Like many here, I’m on the fence about the expensive version as I like some parts but don’t care about others. I suspect my husband will say to just get it all. We’ll see.

4 Likes

If you’re interested in the co-op mode, I believe One Stop Co-op Shop has released, or will be releasing, a video or two on it.
I believe a playthrough and maybe a small “review” of their thoughts so far.

4 Likes

Having just completed the BGG contest for Voidfall, I can honestly say that I am not pledging. I would love to, perhaps, win a copy in the BGG contest, but right now in my collection journey, I’m just not going to pay that much for an untested game. I may try to watch one of the playthrough videos, but I’ve found some of my favorite games just can’t represent themselves well in video playthrough format.

Hmm, 19 days to go? I might find the energy to learn and try it out solo on TTS…

That said, I am currently dabbling with a pledge for Myth & Goal. Right now just Pledge Manager access (which is $5!)

3 Likes

Has, and thoughts are included at the end. No review because they don’t do reviews for prerelease games.

Re player boards, Mindclash said they would be willing to consider the layered player boards as an addon if there was enough demand, so hie thee to the comments if that’s something you’d want. The trays are honestly a bigger deal to me, but I get that they’re probably harder to do as an addon because a lot of the existing design would be to accommodate the minis I don’t want.

2 Likes

Myth & Goal is a very interesting prospect. I appreciate that they’ve got a standee only version of the game, a partial nod towards the fact that many interested people may have a few fantasy football miniatures in their collection. There’s also the fact that if you are interested in the minis, there the equivalent of 4 full blood bowl teams within the core box, which makes the price quite competitive. The solo mode is also intriguing.

2 Likes

That’s fair. Review wasn’t the right word, I just meant they tend to give their thoughts on the “game as is” when doing previews.

Hopefully they make the layered boards as add-ons for those that want them. I’d be in for the minis version if at all, but the more I see, it’s just less and less a game for me right now.

Maybe in a vacuum, but looking at some of the upcoming games, it just doesn’t make sense. Fractal and Lord’s of Ragnarok are both speaking to me far more than Voidfall at this point. Not to mention some open PM’s I need to handle, lol.

Currently in for $5 on this for PM access. Game looks solid and I so want to play a game from Hewitt and Williams. Blitz Bowl S2 is on my wishlist, but Hewitt did the original himself without Williams.

2 Likes

The thing that jumps out to me about Myth & Goal is how tiny that board is!! For a sport that is so much about movement there’s barely anywhere to go. Curious how it plays compared to the likes of Blitz ball

From the interviews I’ve seen, the game leans into the management of your team more than Blood Bowl, with players gaining fatigue as they are activated, so there’s decisions to be made about hard to push and when. I believe multiple models might be able to occupy a square, so that reduces the pitch size.

I think there are a few images with that show multiple models in the same space. I’m not sure if it’s one of each team, or what, but it does seem that’s the case.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thedragonstomb/rock-paper-scissors-deluxe-edition

The Dragon’s Tomb kickstarts Rock Paper Scissors: Deluxe Edition.

4 Likes

What a Mad Lad!

2 Likes

NO MINIS? C’MON, how can you have a deluxe edition without miniatures!?

2 Likes

It needs to be a legacy game, wherein scissors actually cuts paper and rock literally crushes/dulls scissors.

2 Likes

Having watched the Watch It Played tutorial now, I think there’s still some balance issues to work out. Hopefully we’ll see an updated rulebook before the campaign ends.

3 Likes

I want to know what the market research says about “what day to launch your KS project”. Because apparently there’s something about today that makes several different companies think is a good time to launch new campaigns. I’ve been getting so many emails about new games on KS today (for a variety of reasons)

4 Likes