Show off your boxes (photos of your collection)

Here’s our main gaming space, recently remodeled, so it is cleaner than it will ever be again. One rack of shelves is reserved for games.

I gave up on storage for X-Wing, so I built some spaceship shelves.

In another room, we’ve got a spot for the kids’ current favorites.

And a set of corner flying shelves, with a mix of graphic novels, short story collections and games we didn’t want the kids messing with. The top shelf is about 12 feet above the floor which is why the angle here is so wonky.

We also have a nook under the stairs with a mix of games that the kids are encouraged to mess around with, but it is currently obscured by a pile of teacherstuff that normally is stashed in our classrooms, including a bin full of games that my students could choose from once they were caught up.

Aside from the dozen or so games lent out to quarantining friends, that’s about it!

14 Likes

Never realised how not having stuff all the way to the floor makes everything 100% classier

5 Likes

That looks great! Also the one AT-ST on the X-wing shelf made me laugh

3 Likes

Here’s my collection :

11 Likes

Guess who is moving in two days and is completely ready? Well, if you guessed “pillbox”, you couldn’t be more wrong.

However, all our games have made it to the new house ahead of the movers (so any damages incurred can only be blamed on me). Current state of my collection:

11 Likes

Did you put all the games you most want to win in the lucky charms box?

7 Likes

Which Lucky Charms box?

[EDIT] To remove any hint of judgment.

2 Likes

Last time we moved (about 5 years ago), my partner was an elementary school teacher. One of the fringe benefits of such an illustrious position (certainly “a good salary” not being available) was that the custodians would be more than happy to load up your car every single day with broken down boxes until you told them to stop. And, being the practical people we are, we flattened down the boxes that were still in good shape after the move and stored them in our basement. Many of them have been loaned out and returned several times in the last few years as well.

6 Likes

Saving the planet! We did the same with most of the boxes we used to move to NZ about 2 years ago. Some have come in handy.

1 Like

And all of the Star Wars games are in the boxes labelled “Chewy”.

7 Likes

I like that :smiley:

5 Likes

Did the Pandemic like games go in the Sterilite??

2 Likes

So here is the majority of my collection. I’ve mentioned it before, but I don’t recall when/where, so:

The shelving for my board games was a Kickstarter that is now a standard company called “Box Throne”. I 100% do not recommend them. It costs five times as much as the IKEA Kallax equivalent for more-or-less the same storage solution, it’s flimsy as all hell, and the delay in getting new pieces/shelves is atrocious.

That stated, it works, it looks fine, and I won’t be replacing them any time in the near future because they’re not bad, they’re just really expensive and flimsy for what they bring to the party.

The Super Star Destroyer is temporarily on top of my board game collection due to kitchen cabinets being stored in the games room until we can find a new contractor to do the kitchen renos (was supposed to start in February, but our old contractor injured his shoulder and that pushed everything back just far enough for the pandemic to hit before we could get started and now he’s out of the biz).

Overflow terrain and models stored in here. Mostly WarMachine stuff a this point. My Aristeia models are in the KR Multicases (great for storage, not so good for transportation), my O-12 Infinity army is in the small Battlefoam case, and my Crucible Guard WarMachine models are in the larger two (you can only see one, but the other is right behind it).

My pile of shame. Smaller than it was in January by a significant factor.

My work desk for painting, and the airbrush that I really like but haven’t had the energy to fire up. These days I’m mostly using Contrast paints because it’s faster (although the quality is lower). Goal is to get all the Yu Jing done “soon”.

Overflow pieces I have purchased in the last two months that haven’t made their way into my collections yet due to what professionals are calling “reasons”. The Legion stuff is next on the block after I finish up the Yu Jing, because Legion is uber-fast painting compared to Infinity.

Speaking of Legion, here we see my Star Wars Armada (one of everything, two of a few things, even though I don’t play Imperials), Star Wars Legion (one Starter box for Clone Wars, plus at least one of everything for Clones, the army I “do play”, although I’ve only put them on the table once), and Mobile Frame Zero: Intercept Orbit (the LEGO starships for a LEGO starship game). Plus the Armada stuff I haven’t opened yet, and a few blisters of starfighters I haven’t painted yet… probably on the docket after Legion? Probably. The starfighers are pretty quick paints too, but priming them (and not having them fly off and immediately get lost) is tricky.

All my WarMachine: Cygnar (2nd and bottom shelf), Menoth (3rd shelf), and Mercenary and Crucible Guard (top shelf). Most of my Crucible Guard is packed in the bags, as mentioned earlier.

Lastly, before we return to the Wall of Games™, my Infinity models. ALEPH/Steel Phalanx on the left top, Haqqislam on the right top, Yu Jing on the left middle, JSA on the right middle, and then terrain and scattered pieces the rest of the way down.

6 Likes

Re: BoxThrone.

You can make your own https://youtu.be/HmyFmTzPlaU

1 Like

Two different editions of Jaipur, I see. Is there a good reason for someone with the old edition to be looking at the new one?

1 Like

Wow, you have sharp eyes!

The short answer is “no”. The new Jaipur has slightly nicer components but a bigger box for no real reason (I liked the old pink box). If you can find one of the first printings of the new box you get a nice metal coin to demarcate who the first player is, which is nice.

But I picked it up myself just because I work at a game store and it whispered sweet nothings to me until I grabbed it.

3 Likes

It’s not crazy big. Unlike the new box for Arboretum where it’s twice as big as it needs to be and the rules/scoresheets aren’t the same size as the box :roll_eyes:

2 Likes
...coming soon...

12 Likes

:drooling_face:

2 Likes

Is that hatch on the left for the safe? Keeping inside Roads and Boats? :slight_smile:

4 Likes