Show off your boxes (photos of your collection)

Posted mine before, but here it is again; since I live in an RV, collecting boardgames is… Interesting. Conveniently, I have two small beds instead of one normal-sized one, so they go on the bed without the mattress.

Still a more sensible acquisition than the 22 x 30 inch painting I just bought… Still not sure what to do with that :thinking::flushed: I just like nice things, okay? Even if I can’t use them. (Like when did I last play any of these games? Three months ago?)

9 Likes

Can I ask why you live in an RV? Personal choice or unfortunate circumstance?

Reorganisation done. Space games together and 18xx on adjacent shelves. It always surprises me how much I enjoy the feeling of newly organised shelves.

Edit: although I do often get tempted to organise by box colour I will resist for now.

Also behind all the little boxes are some you can’t see. Celestia, Burgle Bros, Murano, Attika and The Colonists.

Edit 2: Street Masters w/ Aftershock and The Crew are currently in a separate place after my last gaming session

4 Likes

How’s Noria? I was tempted to pick it up at UKGE a while ago.

1 Like

I really like it. Good game that doesn’t play how it looks. A deterministic euro with some brain burning levels of planning and a really harsh inflection point. Also the investments feel of the weighting for end game scoring is really cutthroat and adds a surprising amount of variety to the game play each time. For me not a top 10 game but it’s one I’m still eager to play and has stayed in my collection for years as it’s still really good. I think it’s reputation took a hit as the art doesn’t seem to suit how it plays. I do like the art and for me that helps get it to the table.

2 Likes

I also own Noria. I think I like it but I’ve only been able to play it a couple times despite owning it for a while now. I wish I could play it more, but most of my game plays are with my husband and he had a tough time wrapping his head around how a couple mechanics fit together on the first play and has been reluctant to give it another go. He feels like he doesn’t understand how it works and doesn’t want to try again. That’s unusual for him, but once the mental block is there, it’s near impossible to get it to budge. It’s on a lower shelf of the corner cases in my game room picture that is almost entirely games I like that he doesn’t like, says he doesn’t understand, or is otherwise reluctant to play.

2 Likes

I have two places for games…

The small games cupboard

And the big games shelf

(Defined as, doesn’t fit on the small games shelf, and comingled with a few clothes.)

There’s space there for Roll for the Galaxy, plus all my preorders (Hansa Teutonica, Fort and Unmatched). Ideally I’d like to give the lower shelf back to just clothes but I don’t know what to shift on.

Most likely Franchise

5 Likes

I did it! (Until the other games arrive). I’m not bothered about stacking two deep as I have under 50 games, plan to keep it that way and hide the screaming wall of colour behind doors.

3 Likes

I’ve reorganised this about once a month and still havn’t been able to settle on vertical or horizontal storage. Why not both :man_shrugging:

The main collection

The overflow shelves gradually taking over my wife’s craft shelves

The art wall

Turned the final wall into a chalkboard which is handy for score tallies etc.

10 Likes

Love the art wall!

Lovely art wall, and I must say, lovely chairs and table… I am such a sucker for dark wood.

Regarding vertical or horizontal storing, I always prefer horizontal, but it does look like you will need to have the odd one vertical given the size of the shelves…

2 Likes

I actually found that table/chair set for like $50 at a second hand joint and it was an amazing find. Super solid and expandable for big games. As much as I’d love a nice gaming table, this was too good of a find to waste.

I feel like the main benefit of vertical storage is just accessibility, but there’s not many games I’m grabbing regularly. There’s a few odd box sizes that I’ll make exceptions for but change my mind constantly :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

My boxes are all in piles amidst other piles as we decided to paint and replace the floor in the game room/library. (Don’t zoom in on the carpet, or you’ll see why we’re redoing the room. Last kid potty-trained=new flooring.)

Typically the middle of the room has our Giant American Gaming Table, and one third of the shelving is games, plus whatever is housed in the table. I’ll post an updated pic once we’re put back together, hopefully at the end of the week.

6 Likes

This is a bit complicated because the boardgames share shelves with RPGs and other things…
Big boxes and the D-Day Dice KS package I haven’t unwrapped yet.

More big boxes.

Small boxes along the top.

More big boxes.

Main games tower.

The side of the tower.

I suspect that what I need to do next is take out another shelf’s worth of RPG books and move some of the games from the tower to the main shelves… nobody wants old RPG books, though, and it seems a shame to let them be destroyed.

8 Likes

OK, how do you find Ingenious? I hear mixed things but you can often buy it for cheap…

2 Likes

I have to be in the right sort of mood for it (I appear to have played it once since I started logging game plays), but I rather like it. More randomness than is usual for Knizia, and I particularly admire the way the setup for 2/3/4 players changes merely by altering the size of the board.

2 Likes

We used to play Ingenious all the time. It is a great game to play with casual gamers, just few enough rules everyone gets immediately. But like all games I play too much… eventually I had enough and gave it away in the big cull of 2019. There is an app that plays decently if you want to test the game on the cheap. If someone wanted to play I wouldn’t say no.

3 Likes

Nice Game Master titles! :+1:t4:

1 Like

Old pics. The overflow closet now needs an overflow closet. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

8 Likes

That’s a good idea, having your games by your TV, so when you don’t know what to choose from Netflix you see the games and pick one :thinking: :thinking:

5 Likes