Last game you bought?

I received my Import/Export: Definitive Edition this afternoon. It’s a wonderful (ly dense) production.

My particular copy has a green-yellow cover and the randomly-assigned flag is that of the Philippines.

pillbox’s 2021 Purchase Tracker as of 2021-02-05: 2.3

Tracker
  • Codename: Fifteen (0.1)
  • 1860: Railways on the Isle of Wight
  • Anachrony: Infinity Box
  • Bucket of Bolts / Artefact (0.1 each)
3 Likes

In making all the scenarios for the Vassal module, I noted there are some official scenarios for which there are insufficient sea and polder tiles. I think those are the only ones. So anyway, there’s definitely an “official” use for 1.5 sets.

1 Like

So Keyflower arrived and it’s missing the three turn order tiles from the base game.

I’ve asked the seller if they have them, but I’m pretty annoyed as the game was sold incomplete and I wasn’t made aware of this. It’s possible the seller forgot.

UPDATE: the seller says they never had them as they bought them second hand. They’re going to take a look but it’s off to the publisher I go.

5 Likes

Bought Orleans and enjoyed it so much I had to get the trade & intrigue expansion. Isle of Cats is also on its way as a joint Valentine’s present between my gf and me.

8 Likes

A War of Whispers has arrived (in the UK).

8 Likes

I think ours turned up today.

My Anachrony Infinity Box arrived on Saturday. I was prepared for a large box, but I was not prepared for a box whose designers look at Gloomhaven, scoffed and said, “pff, amateurs…”

I’m admittedly strange in that I spent about 3 hours punching and organizing the infinite box of Anachrony (approximately ∞ content/hr sorted) and I loved every minute of it. The infinite box packing instructions (a letter-sized booklet containing no less than 8 pages) was clinically therapeutic to follow.

Also, make note of codenames Easterly Alacrity, Boreal Pacifism

pillbox’s 2021 Purchase Tracker as of 2021-02-08: 4.3

Tracker
  • Codename: Fifteen (0.1)
  • 1860: Railways on the Isle of Wight
  • Anachrony: Infinity Box
  • Bucket of Bolts / Artefact (0.1 each)
  • Codename: Easterly Alacrity
  • Codename: Boreal Pacifism
4 Likes

Ah, not even halfway through the second month and you are nearly halfway to your proposed buying limit for the year. Having second thoughts on that number yet? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Both ‘yes’ and ‘no’. Depends on how many grail games come along? And how many of my “2021 watchlist” come through this year.

What I haven’t decided yet if if I can give myself an easy out and count sold/traded games as negatives :thinking:

4 Likes

I also loved sorting the Anachrony Infinity box. It’s just so well organized!! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I think you should have a maximum quota… For 2 to come in, 2 have to sell or leave, sort of. It will probably be quite cathartic.

1 Like

This is literally the thing I hate doing most in every Roguelike and ARPG.

1 Like

Just picked up Gods Love Dinosaurs. Because I also love dinosaurs.

5 Likes

I seem to have ordered some wallet games from Button Shy.

Because it’s so tiny, I’ve been carrying “Elevenses for One” with me everywhere in recent months, so that any time I want to take a break from what I’m doing and play a quick game, I’ll have something on hand. It struck me that the wallet games series is more or less in that same niche, and loads of them have solo expansions or are solo to start with (all but two of the list below), and so by delving into that catalogue I could dramatically expand my options.

I reckon that if I like even half of these, it will have been money well spent.

• Food Chain Island
  • Handsome
  • Hierarchy
  • Ragemore
  • Skulls of Sedlec
  • SpaceShipped
  • Sprawlopolis
  • The Maiden In The Forest
  • Wonder Tales
8 Likes

Hmmm… Oceans was on offer, and I was weak. As a coincidence, now I own al the games I had listed on my pre-Christmas wishlist. Funny thing that…

5 Likes

You can stop buying games now!

1 Like

Yep. I am good for a bit now. Need to start playing them…

Well, this can’t really count as a game I “bought” now.

Basically, because the GFoL expansion still hasn’t appeared, my order had sat unfulfilled. The shop I bought it from checked up on it and found a copy of New York Zoo hadn’t been set aside and they were now out of stock :cry:

But all was not lost! They offered a full refund and to send me their shop demo copy. It’s just turned up and it’s in perfect condition, so woo! :grin:

Also, Gods Love Dinosaurs just turned up and it had multiple silica gel packets in it. Most amusingly, there were three packets in the bag of frog meeples :laughing:

4 Likes

Oooh I’ve been umming and awing on gods love dinos. The little dinos look super cool.

Having watched with review on SUSD, Skulls and Sprawlopolis certainly look like they could be good.

2 Likes