Last game you bought?

Thanksgiving Parade expansion- & floats

4 Likes

(you all are joking, but Iā€™m taking notes and will be emailing Splotterā€¦)

6 Likes

The Salvador Dali expansion: & clocks.

4 Likes

The amphibian/mustelid standalone expansion: Toads & Stoats

6 Likes

The bag expansion: & totes

5 Likes

Medieval banking expansion - & groats

3 Likes

At some point this poor ampersand is going to say ā€œyou know what, I am working way too hard for this abuse, I quit!ā€, and then what?

3 Likes

My purchasing goal for the year already appears to be in trouble. I just happened to stumble upon this:

So letā€™s call that:

pillboxā€™s 2021 Purchase Tracker as of 2021-02-02: 2.1

Tracker
  • Codename: Fifteen
  • 1860: Railways on the Isle of Wight
  • Anachrony: Infinity Box
5 Likes

You can come clean. We all know the Codename: Fifteen is 15 more copies of Roads & Boats. Since you already own copies, they barely count in your purchases for the year. :wink:

6 Likes

Wow this is so specific

2 Likes

Donā€™t forget about the expansion (included in the Kickstarter pledge, but retail add-on afterwards): 1860: Locomotives on the Isle of Wight

ā€¦?

1 Like

Without looking at any description of the games, I like that the expansion name implies that 1860: Railways on the Isle of Wight features no trains, only tracks. You want locomotives in your train game? Youā€™ll need the expansion.

5 Likes

I made mention of it this morning in the gaming goals thread, and itā€™s being formalized now: Forbidden Stars is in the house. I got a nice deal on it (not far above retail), which was very appreciated. Dice Throne Adventures (and Rerolled) are going out faster than anticipated as a result, but that was an eventuality anyway.

When I get some time tonight Iā€™ll do a proper component count, but so far it looks to be in excellent shape as advertised. So. STOKED!

8 Likes

Iā€™ve had Forbidden Stars since summer 2018 (found it NIS), and I bet youā€™ll still get it played before me! :rofl:

Also, Dice Throne S1 Re-Rolled arrived late last week and has seen 2 plays this week already as expected. Enjoying it as much as we do S2.

3 Likes

Anyone who would pressure a publisher to release new expansions based on other peopleā€™s suggestions is a person who goads and quotes.

8 Likes

After buying the Ganz Schon Clever app, I bought the game for a fair price second hand (well waiting for the buyer to respond).

I also bough all of Keyflower but may jettison the expansions, unless someone tells me not to. A quick look shows they add more stuff with, critically, more rules.

1 Like

I only have the Farmers so canā€™t speak to the Merchants.

The farmers is good but it can be quite swingy while learning it. If you play keyflower regularly with a similar group then it will add some variety if you start to find youā€™ve fallen in to some ruts. If you play only occasionally then it can make mistakes in the auctions of some farmer tiles in a normal game will hand out outsized vps to one or 2 players.

Keyflower is great but youā€™ll know what your group will bear.

2 Likes

After a January full of purchases and new additions to my collection (I think this year I am level with @pillbox , or even ahead, imagine that!) I won a second hand copy of Rex, Final Days of an Empire on trademe (local kiwi e-bay). Makes up for losing out on a bid to get a copy in shrink of Battlestar Galactica, I guess.
Reading the description of why it was sold, I felt a bit sorry for the seller: ā€œSelling it because I havenā€™t got 2-5 hours or 3-5 friends to play it withā€. I nearly feel like asking him to move to Hawkeā€™s Bay and join our guildā€¦

7 Likes

With all the talk of Spirit Island here on the forum, I decided to check out the Android app to give it a try. Despite being little more than a tutorial and brief demo, I really enjoyed what I played, though the interface leaves a little to be desired.

So, I ordered a physical copy, which should be here on Saturday. Unlike my last purchased game of Hansa Teutonica, this one may get to the table sooner rather than later because it can be played solo.

11 Likes

Now Im just waiting for the whole thing to calm down.

6 Likes