Last game you bought?

I did the right thing and swapped my copy of 221B Bakers Street for Codenames. I am keeping Articulate for fun sake with friends that are not so “boardgamey”

7 Likes

My newest acquisition, from an eBay auction. ~For the low price of just $80~ :dancer:

Part of a happy family :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

Very nice!

3 Likes

Man, I think I remember advertisements on TV for that back when I was a kid!

1 Like

My copy of the Oceania Wingspansion arrived today, and I think I have a new favourite bird:

9 Likes

It’s been a while since I took to the BGG auctions, but a small yet hefty package from just such a thing arrived first thing this morning.

• Mage Wars: Druid vs Necromancer

More “spellbooks”, please! A small box full of vinyl spellbooks and decks of cards. Still haven’t played Mage Wars, but I don’t feel bad about this.

• Blue Moon: The Khind, The Terrah, The Flit

Also haven’t played Blue Moon, and I also don’t feel bad about this!

On the Secret Santa we did on Sunday I got Flipology, a nice little kiwi designed card game, that I think it will be a big hit with the little ones. Not bad considering I chucked in a copy of 6 Nimmt, but some of the presents were atrocious :slight_smile: We played it with White Elephant rules, and some of the steals were a good laugh, specially a Gollum figure that changed hands at least a dozen times.

1 Like

I received my final game from the Maths Trade this afternoon. What looks like a near mint condition Flick em Up: Dead of Winter.

Not played it before, but it looks like something the 4 of us will play and have a laugh with. Hopefully we’ll get it played over Christmas.

3 Likes

YASS!!! :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

1 Like

Well happily a batch of games I ordered and expected to receive after Christmas turned up at my door today! And with a game day scheduled for tomorrow no less!

The Quest for El Dorado, which I’ve been wanting to try for ages - finally found a copy in Aus!

Blue Lagoon, because one Knizia just isn’t enough…

No Thanks, which I already own but this is the new printing with the bigger cards and is better looking. Wondering now if I should gift my old copy to a friend or keep it (as the box is significantly more portable)

Coatl, this one looks really nice, hopefully it backs that up with fun.

Truffle Shuffle, which after the roaring success of Point Salad, I couldn’t wait to pick up. I suspect my wife might enjoy this one, if I can convince her to play anything that’s not Boggle or KLASK

4 Likes

It’s why I sought out an old edition.

1 Like

Bought Through the Desert, because its Knizia, and there doesnt need to be another reason.

Oh, and some more Alien models for Aliens: Another Glorious Day in the Corps, because I thought,“what if i run out of aliens?”

5 Likes

Ooh, a cruel way of making money: “If you run out of alien models, you lose. Add-on packs are available…”

4 Likes

Ticket to Ride - My First Journey - the quest to get the kids interested in decent boardgames continues

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Recent Boardgames (Your Last Played Game Volume 2)

Ugh. I am a weakling. My recent purchase of Europe Engulfed prompted me to add Asia Engulfed to my “want list” at my favorite online shop. Those are a bit harder to find than EE, and I expected to have to wait awhile…but I just received a notification that they have just received one (and in excellent condition), so yeah. And this is only a few days after I was able to find an old, WAY out-of-print game that I have been combing the Earth for for many years. Oh well, you only live once. :crazy_face:

I have some “fill your own” crackers for Christmas, so I used that as an excuse to buy an Oink game to distribute among them and play after lunch. I decided on Mr. Face because it a) has lots of pieces that will fit in a cracker and b) looks completely ridiculous.

3 Likes

I continued my greedy gaming month and bought a copy of food chain magnate. Managed to get a copy off eBay with a nice insert.

Now just need to find time to play some of these games.

6 Likes

…and it was just delivered! It’s a complete boxed copy of Chaosium’s 1984 Ringworld RPG. I’m not really into RPGs, but I am an immense Ringworld/Known Space nerd, and this game is chock full of info that was all Niven-approved. It’s in great shape, plus it also contains the separately published Ringworld Companion! I didn’t realize that it did, because it wasn’t mentioned in the description. Score! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Nice idea!!

1 Like