Last game you bought?

Well, two boxes arrived today. One full of my last order that includes some gifts, and the other a couple of pre-orders.

Last order:
Seastead 2-player game in the same world as Flotilla… because?! :thinking:. Received a solid response from SVWAG, and I’ve been looking for more short 2 player games that are not direct conflict/duelling.

The Game - quick little game to play with the family when we can get together.

Infinity Gauntlet: a Love Letter game - again, heard good things and it’s a fun little package to play with the family. Will likely be a stocking stuffer for my son.

Also in the order; expansions for both Warhammer Underworlds and Warhammer AoS: WarCry (the latter will be a bday gift, just wanted to grab it now), and 2 more Exit games.

My son wanted to give his mom some escape room games for them to play together. We decided.on a 3 pack on Unlocked for her bday, and 3 Exit games for Christmas. Gives them a taste of both, to see which they prefer.

Pre-order box:
Rococo Deluxe+ - been getting more excited for this the more I hear. Really like the deck building/hand management idea, plus it’s absolutely gorgeous!!! Probably won’t hit the table until after the holidays though.

Fleet: the Dice Game - grabbed this at the same time. Picked this up mostly on reputation, and looking for more games that can hit the table on a weeknight.

That’s it for now, probably until after the holidays. Though I’m sure I’ll make up for it, lol.

4 Likes

I think it just depends on whether you’re counting duplicates. A store will sometimes have more copies of a game than @pillbox does. (Unless we’re talking about Roads and Boats, obviously.)

6 Likes

If a store ever has more copies of a game than Pillbox, they get absorbed into his house by osmosis. That’s entropy!

4 Likes

Well well, look what just arrived from the US via Germany…

5 Likes

Well, I have just about everything I could want, so for once I haven’t purchased anything!

(Doorbell)

Uh-oh. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

11 Likes

Yep… I wasn’t expecting anything particular today… doorbell goes off… oops:

I show off the maps to my partner and he’s like “oh no, not another area control game, don’t you have enough of those?” :smiley: No, I don’t… I don’t have enough people to play them with.

15 Likes

I have to say: it’s a lot prettier than my copy of China!

2 Likes

Some of the maps are foiled. It is delightful!

2 Likes

My Kickstarter pledge for GPS, Mountain Goats, Sequoia, and the expansions for each arrived first thing this morning (it was fulfilled out of a warehouse about 15 miles away).

Unfortunately, instead of the add-on Bites that I ordered, I just got another set of the 3 games w/expansion

These boxes are way smaller than I expected!

1 Like

Such a gorgeous game!!

If I can ever get a copy of the KS edition for a decent price, I’m snapping it up! Or if they release some of the maps at retail as add-ons.

2 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

That looks awesome. Contemplating moving to Germany right now… I love area control :slight_smile: :grinning:

3 Likes

rather wait for us to move to NZ :wink:

2 Likes

I just can’t get over how small these boxes are. I really expected each to come in a their TtR:NY/London or Red November or Whitehall Mystery sized box…

Ticket to Ride: Europe for scale. One of my free-range copies of Roads & Boats photobombed

12 Likes

I was convinced for a second you had bought more. Stop teasing us!

6 Likes

I feel bad that I assumed the same thing.

I suppose one copy would just be road & boat.

1 Like

I will start making arrangements :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Managed to get a copy of the search for Planet X. Excited to play this with the other games over Christmas break.

10 Likes

I threw that on my Christmas list, but don’t know if it’ll happen or not. I’m really intrigued by the game as I love deductive puzzles, but I’m not sure anyone else I associate with really does, so even if I do get the game, it may be a solo only experience.

2 Likes

It’s preorder arrival day, plus recent order…
I finally got CloudAge!

and Hallertau, Renature and as debated elsewhere: Teotihuacan.

I musst confess… this brings me up to a horrifying average of ~1 game / week entering my collection for 2020. Well, I didn’t spend money on trips, clothing, restaurants, parties, going out, movies… and everything I saved turned into a boardgame this year. My way of dealing with the world I guess.

13 Likes

I decided to order popular recent pastoral-themed eurogame Gloomgrazin’: Joys of the Lawn.

6 Likes