Last game you bought?

Bargain. Enjoy

I’d be very interested to know how it goes with 2 players.

1 Like

Controversial, indeed!! I prefer TM but GP is hella good too

4 Likes

With my wife’s encouragement, I picked up two more of the Imperial Assault packs at my FLGS’ sale, the last two that they had in stock which I did not already own. They will get stashed away for Christmas.

Sadly, just a couple weeks ago they had a ton of figures, but the sales person said that FFG has killed the line, so beyond the base game, they won’t have any product in stock for the game. I guess most of the packs got sold on Saturday, which was the beginning of the sale. Looks like I need to search around and get the remaining packs I want before they disappear for good.

7 Likes

Squatter arrived today by courier. The colours are more garish and the markers flimsier that I remember from of old. Haystackes used to be little injection-moulded models, but now they are cards. I think I’ll try filling the pawns with epoxy for a little extra weight.

4 Likes

You do at least have sheeples! (Some editions appear to have replaced these with generic counters.)

1 Like

I have followed @COMaestro into being the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything years old.

Birthday spoils of
Agricola
Coloretto
The Field of the Cloth of Gold
Dominion: Menagerie
And
Trial by Trolley

Coloretto was great fun, obviously my wife won. The rules for Dominion Menagerie look a bit mental. We’ve played Agricola before and I wasn’t in the mood for misery farming today. TFOTCOG box is the cheapest production I’ve ever seen, but I appreciate what Hollandespiele do. Never played one of their games before, but I’m looking forward to having my arse handed to me.

Trial by Trolley. Trying not to be too harsh on a gift, but I’m really not a fan of games in the Cards Against Humanity space. My soon to be 13 year old loved it though.

I was also given some money, which I have some ideas for. I’d love The Resistance, but a high player count social deduction game seems a daft purchase when we can’t get 7 people together. Tempted by Hanamikoji as well, but I think TFOTCOG is going to occupy the 2 player hard decision filler space for now.

6 Likes

That’s a great age. As a warning, I have till December to leave it, and it has not been the best of years (2020 is to be blamed) apart from my reentry in the board games circle, which definitely makes up of the gloom and doom, tbh

3 Likes

I sadly left that earlier this year…

2 Likes

Bought Container (the smaller edition :joy:) and the Second Shipment expansion. Very excite. Really loved it, but the one guy who owns it stops bringing the Jumbo on games night

4 Likes

Where did you get Container from? I really enjoyed the PBF game we had on here, but I wouldn’t pay £90+ for it

1 Like

BGG. Browse around the game’s page >> “Stats” >> “For Trade”. Asked around for trade or if I could buy it from them. It was a trade so I dont mind losing a few games.

3 Likes

Been looking at lists of best solo games, and decided to get one of them that isn’t £60 - arrived just now!

6 Likes

I went shopping and got something for someone else on this forum

7 Likes

Wow, I had not previously appreciated how respectfully-sized the box for Whir of Waspers is. I certainly expected it to be bigger than a TtR box.

I will very shortly be the proud owner of the above tiny box.

I’m on a thing at the moment where I don’t buy games that are big. Almost entirely by accident. The above game, Dune, Battle for Rokugan, Skull, Coup. All of my favourite games are in tiny boxes. I have owned TI for two years and haven’t ever got a chance to play it.

2 Likes

Funny you mention that, I have ordered Battle for Rokugan, after seeing it at a really good price last night.

I didn’t have a decent area domination game (taking my really old copy of Risk-Star Wars away, which is only half decent, and that’s being generous) and it is definitely one of my favourite kind of games, so I gave in.

1 Like

Of all of my standalone games, Rokugan might be my absolute favourite. It strikes a brilliant balance between luck and out thinking your opponent. You can absolutely ‘win’ turns with worse tiles, just because of how the bluffing mechanic works.

Also it’s gorgeous.

4 Likes

Osprey strikes again. While looking at some of their upcoming games, I placed orders for Escape From The Aliens In Outer Space and Gaslands: Refuelled. I’m not entirely sure whether the latter is for me or not, but I was teetering on the fence about it the last time I ordered from them, so I decided to stop wondering.

Judge Dredd: Helter Skelter keeps looking at me as well.

3 Likes

Rokugan is brilliant and underrated. Our table always say “ooohhh” when someone merely puts a token on a map

4 Likes

Am probably going to buy something at UKGE this weekend 8) any good deals people aware of?