Last game you bought?

I bought an El Grande, a Trailblazers, and an Exquisite Crime. Standard reference Oink and Sprawlopolis included for scale.

10 Likes

Courtisans

4 Likes

Daybreak.

Quite excited…!

8 Likes

Picked up another game in The Key series (realtime deduction). I’ve looked for the two newest games a few times without success, but I found one of them on Amazon and grabbed it. The game is The Key: Escape from Strongwall Prison. Rated at 3 (which is the hardest), the earlier games are 1 or 2.

1 Like

We had our local biannual math trade last weekend.

I acquired:
Viscounts of the West Kingdom with Gates of Gold
Praga Caput Regni
Coimbra
Istanbul: Big Box
Menara with Rituals and Ruins
Maglev Maps: Volume 1 (expansion for Maglev Metro)
Tournament at Camelot
General Orders: WW2
Sovereign Skies
Spectaculum
Havalandi
Burke’s Gambit
9 Lives
Gang of Dice

I passed on:
Bonfire & expansion - I like the action selection mechanic but there was too much setup, it was a little too fiddly, and the theme was nonsense. I would never choose it over a dozen other medium/heavy euros in my collection.
First Class - I have never gotten it to the table, and have since bought (and loved) Ultimate Railroads
In the Hall of the Mountain King - I remember liking it well enough, but I hadn’t played it in over a year and had no real urge to get it back out
Glasgow - This was fine, but there are many other better small box 2 player games in my collection
Mr Jack - Never clicked with me at all
Dragonkeepers - There was a bit of hype around this when it first came out, but I never found it to be anything more than a decent card came
Tides of Madness - Decent game. Doesn’t get played.
Tikal (supermeeple) - I prefer Mexica
Cuzco (supermeeple) - I much prefer Mexica

13 Likes

Sounds like a very successful maths trade!

1 Like

In this week

Seaside useful for we’ve got 10-20 minutes between ordering food and receiving food

Xylotar The theme is whacky, the premise is great (deduction trick taker). Will it actually be good? The card shape can go die in a fire though (44x88 mm or thereabouts)

Potato Man A trick taker reportedly good at two!

1 Like

My copy of Northern Pacific arrived :steam_locomotive::steam_locomotive::steam_locomotive::steam_locomotive: Not sure if I prefer this or TSR as Holland’s best but lets goooo

3 Likes

Found Wavelength in shrink at a yard sale for $5. Snapped that up. Owner called it a great game, but said she already had a copy and got the extra as a Christmas gift. Lucky for me!

11 Likes

I have received Arcs + Leaders & Lores :star_struck:

7 Likes

Bunny Kingdoms second hand today from a fellow Guilder here in Hastings, mainly due to cuteness for the children. First game I buy this year or so?

5 Likes

That’s funny. I just didn’t buy Bunny Kingdom from a consignment sale. It was $28.50 NIS, which is a really good price, but I resisted.

However, I did buy Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small for $8.50, so I did get something new. Also got a case of poker chips for $7.50, which should make our Lords of Vegas games a bit more thematic.

5 Likes

I got it for 50 NZD including sleeves, so there or thereabouts

4 Likes

Wow. That’s a very generous price from someone who is presumably well aware what these things normally cost. Great find!

3 Likes

Time for another visit to the confession booth.

Mandalorian Adventures is a story driven game along the first season of the show. Designed by none other than Corey Konietzka who has previously designed some of the most successful boardgames in the Star Wars universe.

Point City has a solo mode. Yay?

Conspiracy is a card game iteration of Abyss which I played on BGA once and enjoyed. It promises pretty and smallbox and I generally like Cathala games. No solo though. But we can’t always have that.

I am not sure I already had the Ark Nova Zoo Pack 1 (Zoo Pack 2 is announced for Spiel, yay). But if I already have it I know who this copy is going to.

More Sea Salt and Paper is definitely good :smiley:

10 Likes

Board games last night!

Viticulture perfectly fine euro with absolutely unbalanced cards. Won’t play again.

Xylotar This was fun. It’s trick taking where you know the colour of your cards and the rough number. Once per round you can view two and pick one as a bid.

7 Likes

Courtisans because all the cool kids are doing it*, and Sea Salt and Paper because I like the game and love the artwork.

* I have actually played and enjoyed it.

10 Likes

On holiday on Tenby, visited a bookstore and they had L.L.A.M.A.

Wanting to encourage this type of behaviour I bought it.

6 Likes

I just got a BNiS version of zoo vadis deluxe though FB. I’m looking forward to organising this one as much as playing it

6 Likes

Been meaning to buy a new box of black stories since giving away my old used-up ones. Spotted this…

Also spotted a couple of lone copies of Skyteam on the shelves and knowing my friends were looking for a copy and it was unavailable in most places at the moment, I snapped a picture and asked if I should get one for them.

I waited for a bit but didn‘t get an answer. So I decided they‘d have to get one themselves. We turned around… and there is my friend a box of Skyteam peaking out of her bag… we had a very good laugh about it :slight_smile:

4 Likes