Last game you bought?

MY PREEEECIOOOUUUUS

7 Likes

It is indeed nifty!

2 Likes

With Septima unavailable, I decided to pick up Damask instead. With a side order of Courtisans.

3 Likes

2.39 standard credits at the charity shop, bargain!

13 Likes

Whole 'nother can of worms there. That’s sad as well, no reason for it.

The degradation of our telephone system is another can of worms. I tried as long as I could not to be a screener, on principle (enneagram 1 wing, anyone?) but did eventually give in.The phone and letter mailing system are little used for their intended purpose anymore (which wouldn’t be a problem, per se, if the new uses weren’t so parasitic).

2 Likes

Bought Trio, which seems like a fairly straightforward game. You’re trying to make trios, or three of the same number, by selecting cards from your hand, opponents hands, and the table display. A bit of memory involved, and a bit of deduction (since you can only play the lowest and highest cards from peoples hands.)

Also bought Medical Mysteries New York Emergency Room, where you are doctors trying to save people. Looked different anyway.

3 Likes

Payday and loose wallet means I (re)bought New Frontiers

I’m blaming the excellent online games I’m having with you lot

7 Likes

I have succumbed and bought Faraway. Just heard so many good things about it.

3 Likes

My birthday’s tomorrow. My present came in today and Maryse was too impatient, so I opened it today. :grin:

18 Likes

Also you got a boardgame!

5 Likes

Both played already😅 though one with an egregious rules mistake. I was very keen on A Gentle Rain. Beacon Patrol came in because i can’t bear having to pay shipping. often this is stupid and leads to bad buys. but
 in this case

7 Likes

After being intrigued by the title (“How is that pronounced and what does it mean?”) and seeing some reviews and a How It’s Played, I ordered A Gest of Robin Hood, which just arrived today. And to answer the question, it is pronounced like “jest” and means “an adventurous tale”!

I mean, I have been interested in trying out a COIN game for some time. Something that plays in approximately an hour but still gives that feel really piques my interest.

And with this week’s topic, my ratio worsens
 :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I succumbed to the Playte hype.

Penguin Party and Money are Knizias. Big Shot is a classic from Alex Randolph that have very good reception from Geekbuddies

3 Likes

Currently managing to resist.

Spectral, just came out in retail here

1 Like

Got two new Cube Rails from Philibert: Dutch InterCity and Chicago & Northwestern

The boards are actually decent and dont look ugly. They are clear as well so you can parse the info quickly. Not a looker though for non-train gamers.

2 Likes

Since it was my birthday, I went out and picked up Fantasy Realms, which I have been curious about for some time.

7 Likes

After some delivery shenanigans, Arcs arrived—the address confirmation mail came during a very stressful period 6 weeks ago and so I missed it and it went to the old address. Our tenants were nice enough to hold it for me until today.

I have started learning the base game. The box is the expansion box with the campaign stuff. Everything fits in there neatly organized.

My first impression is that the base game (the game not the box!) looks bigger (aka rules complexity) than it is. Which is a good thing. I have never brought The King is Dead to the table and I haven‘t played Brian Boru but my guess is this is not that much more. I haven‘t looked at the court cards yet so that may change my impression.

I doubt I‘ll get this to an actual multiplayer session soon. But maybe I can convince my partner to a 2 player trial sometime.

9 Likes

A visit to a board game cafĂ© in Nottingham resulted in buying Skyrise, which is a reimplementation of Metropolys. I really like the original because it has a neat spatial auction mechanic where you bid by placing your buildings on the board. It looks like Skyrise is a bit more fiddly, but I haven’t had a chance to try it out yet.

4 Likes

Tell us whwn you play. I didnt backed it

3 Likes