Recent Boardgames (Your Last Played Game Volume 2)

I have now played Mandalorian Adventures 3 times. Once solo and twice with my partner.

The first scenario didn‘t impress me all that much. It was won without a hitch both with me 2-handing Mando and IG-11 or with 2 players. But scenario 2 adds a few complications and at the end of the 2nd game you get to (optionally, but of course we did) open one of the 2 envelopes the game comes with and … well … I can now see that the game has more potential than scenario 1 suggested.

It‘s a light-weight skirmishy game à la Zombicide. Except minus the „Braaaains!“ calls from the plastic and minus the plastic. Also no dice. There is enough random anyway.

Every character has a personalized deck of „skill“ cards. On your turn you play 2 cards to two (of four) different action slots and do the action with the strength of the card you played. After that if any action slot has a sum of 6+ you do that map‘s „oopsie“ which can be reinforcements appearing or „disrupting“ actions (adding). Then you execute an event card for all action slots with a sum of 5+ and then you clear out the slots that hit the limit, returning cards and disruption tokens to their discards. The events have the enemies move and attack and a few special events…

The actions you do on your turn are the usual: attack, move, get bonus stuff (plan) and manipulate the map (intel).

It‘s simple, has pretty good rules retention, quick setup of scenarios…

I am a little worried that there are only 4 maps (and their respective associated tokens) in the map-book / campaign… but it is starting to look that the campaign is meant more as an intro to the rules than as the „actual content“ and that replay value may be better than feared.

I am not yet fully convinced that this is a great game. But it is solid enough and fills a niche that hasn‘t been occupied (on my shelves) since Zombicide went to the bench. Also Star Wars.

8 Likes