Actual things you actually said (or heard) in the last 24 hours

“In Swedish the word for mosquito is plural, and obscene.”

(Though apparently I have a trick: mosquitoes bite me, and a little later they die. It quite startled my wife when she found me in bed surrounded by a ring of the things.)

9 Likes

Blood For The Blood God.

9 Likes

Do you think anyone has bothered calling the fire brigade?

2 Likes

Reminds me of a post I saw on Reddit when a local dive bar caught fire (no injuries) along the lines of “the fire did thousands of dollars of improvements”

6 Likes

“He got COVID??? At last!!!”

3 Likes

A few years ago, I was going to get my car. I noticed the car in front of mine was on fire. There was a woman loading stuff into it. So I said, as one does, “excuse me, ma’am, but your car is on fire.” “Oh, okay, “ she said, as though she heard that every day. I pointed at the smoke rising from the burning tire, and then she said “Oh!”

I then called the fire department. They wanted the license plate number of the burning car. I said “come to the corner of x and y, and put out any car on fire.

11 Likes

I love that.
“Right now is only a white Honda on fire, but if you leave it long enough while I try to read the licence with all the smoke, it might be half a dozen more I will need to list you the plate numbers for…”

3 Likes

“Oh, him again.”

2 Likes

High-pitched whining happening here. In that the premises are free of tween- and teenagers, I am assuming mozzie.
Won’t end well for one of us.

1 Like

I, for one, welcome our new mosquito overlords.

3 Likes

I’m less keen : )

My mother has a clear memory from one of the family tramping trips when I was little, on a day when we were camping near to a lake, of me running away, and a huge swarm of sandflies chasing after me.

(Although it does depend where you are – the insects in Rarotonga don’t much care for me, I learned! Back home though, I’m evidentially some of their favourite food.)

4 Likes

Sandflies can be vicious. Although I have never seen them swarming… They feel more like fleas to me, doing the work steady Eddie, and before you know it, you are covered in bites all over your legs…

1 Like

“The least you could do is be symmetrical.”

5 Likes

Radially, or is bilaterally good enough ?

2 Likes

External fixators?

1 Like

Goddess conference - it’s like a “Mists of Avalon” cosplay competition.

1 Like

Whimpers….

Not heard or said but read it on a T-Shirt “Just survived another meeting that should have been an email”

7 Likes

“What would you do if you had a bunch of trophies? Where would you keep them?”

deep thought…

“Like, what if you had an olympic medal?”
“I’d wear it. Everywhere. Like, this is my necklace.”
“You’d wear it? What if it was, like, a medal of valor?”
“…EVERYWHERE.”

4 Likes

There’s also those threads when you get 8 replies deep and you realize “This should have been a five minute meeting.”

7 Likes