Actual things you actually said (or heard) in the last 24 hours

I often get to that point about half way through writing the very first email in that chain, painstakingly crafting it in unambiguous phrasing which I’m 75% sure will still be misinterpreted.

7 Likes

“Now, look what happens when I go up the g-string…”

3 Likes

“Hi love, there was a clearance in the garden centre, and I might need your help when you come back home”

:man_facepalming:

15 Likes

elvis

1 Like

High school was rife with this theme - that and the “hundred breast” on swim team.

To be fair, the g-string is very easy to snap if you play with it overtightened.

Ouch. Both parts, ouch.

2 Likes

I’d better put on my collar. I’m going to be sitting next to faux leather pants!

3 Likes

(We have just discovered a set of magical beacons surrounding a high-value target, and we suspect they’ll be used to guide paratroopers.)

“So what I’m hearing is that we move these to surround the nearest bit of deep water.”

7 Likes

“Oh, so that’s the bow of the ship.” (In a game of Unfathomable)

8 Likes

I hope this lesson was learned in the process of failing some sort of objective.

4 Likes

“You should be good. I will knock if I need you. Or, if they kill me, you’ll find me eventually. And I won’t care, I’ll be dead.”

“Well, that went dark…”

-Me and my brother-in-law when he asked if I still needed his help with the kids.

7 Likes

“For some reason, God saw fit to provide me with an endless supply of toenails.”

9 Likes

After hearing the NZ anthem on Sunday morning (yes I taped the ABs v Springboks game, it was at 2AM local time), my 6 yo daughter goes:

“NZ is not a free land, you still have to do what your parents say”

12 Likes

Ah, the National Anthem. It always makes me think of Australia, by way of contrast.

Admittedly, I’m not sure that most of Australia is even aware of the supposed trans-Tasman rivalry that most of NZ seems to hold dear, but they can certainly lord it over us in the Nation Anthem department.

I like to summarise our respective anthems like so:

Australia: “Go Australia!”

New Zealand: “Help.”

4 Likes

My children are on fire this week. After finding in the news yesterday that there were quadruplets born in Hawke’s Bay for the first time in a few years, the usual “Could you imagine that?” conversation came up at dinner.

My 10 yo daughter : “No way, I would not share my room with two other kids”

To this my 6 yo daughter answered: “But we would have two little minions each”

11 Likes

Your 6 year old will go far! :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

She already does, she can move fast as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

(From a child talking to his brother, sitting on a thousand year old pillar amongst the historical wonders of York):

Alright, best city ever? A - London, B - Hong Kong or C - Sheffield?

11 Likes

An interesting question historically.

1 Like

Hold my beer. I have to fix the telescope.

5 Likes