Actual things you actually said (or heard) in the last 24 hours

Back when we had a “workplace” we would write these on the board. I find there is always a thing or two that (especially out of context) are unexpectedly hilarious and worth sharing.

Here’s a starter from last night:
[Me to my 3 year old]: Say good night to Mommy
[My 3 year old]: Good night, Tramp.

It was an affectionate Disney reference. Took a moment to process, though.

11 Likes

Yesterday one of my team sent me a message saying “I’m hoping to get most of the stats done before the pickle tool is landed”

Not a typo.

7 Likes

“When M grows up, can she be Starfire? I know Starfire is an alien, but M can be an alien.”

3 Likes

That’s goals!

S wants to “be” Raven, who’s father is a demon…

I’m pretty sure I wanted to be Wolverine in the 90’s, and he’s a Canadian. It’s always something.

2 Likes

"I inadvertantly attended a lecture on prehistoric worm fossils today "

5 Likes

“The Ostrich is sleeping upstairs.”

2 Likes

Roger that Red Llama. The Hamster will take care of it. Be at the Ferris Wheel at midnight for further instructions. Badger out.

3 Likes

“Like a meaty Bertie Bassett.”

2 Likes

“Not to be crude, but the obvious thing to check is the external genitalia, and they definitely aren’t human.”

3 Likes

Wait, what???

My 4 yo this afternoon: “I want a baby sister. My friend Maya’s mum is having a baby, and she says that she will give the baby to us”

3 Likes

Running Pulp Cthulhu, and the party had some dead greeblies who appeared superficially human but… weren’t.

1 Like

This is amazing.

2 Likes

I’m glad there is another fan of Teen Titans here! My daughter is obsessed. She is always Starfire and my son is Beast Boy.

1 Like

While playing Word Tennis with my 4(!) year old, he said ‘Rad’ and when I looked confused (as to where he got the word from), he just looked at me pityingly “Raaaad, dude. I means cool.” and then walked away shaking his head, deciding it wasn’t worth playing the game with me anymore…

7 Likes

I had a fit of laughter for like 5 mins, while both my daughters giggled along.

DOES HE KNOW YOU CAN SAY RADICOOL??? It’s like the ultimate 1+1=50.

“So… backdoor time, everybody?”

5 Likes