Actual things you actually said (or heard) in the last 24 hours

Perfect time to introduce a lesson about Archimedes.

He kept his socks on in the bath, too.

5 Likes

That’s because he hadn’t yet found the Lego

3 Likes

I mean, let’s be honest. I still force myself to think, “Am I wearing socks?” before I step into the shower.

THANK YOU everyone. I had forgotten about my socks but you have saved me.

There they are.

4 Likes

I’m very glad that some good came of it!

1 Like

Wait a minute, the hottest weather on record in the UK and you still are wearing socks when in the house??

2 Likes

We’re in the much chillier (21C) south west, so socks are still a thing we do. This year, at least.

1 Like

It’s summer here, why are any of you wearing socks? I mean socks! According to me a year has 2 seasons: sock-season and no-sock-season. That’s it. We’re definitely not in sock-season right now.

5 Likes

As long as nobody is wearing the horrible “tourist” look of sock in sandals… we’ll let you go this time.

PS: (I’d say 21C is no-socks at all, even more considering the average Brit starts melting at 18C+ and exponentially upwards)

2 Likes

I like to see how long I can get away with wearing no socks or shoes in the office. I have previously been approached by our health and safety person and asked whether I was wearing invisible shoes…

3 Likes

Can you wear ankle length socks?

A sensible post. Are you sure you’re in the right place, dear [concerned granny-style look]?

The last time I walked around barefoot (I forgot why), everything was fine until I had to go to the restroom. Then I discovered the foolishness of my ways.

5 Likes

I definitely am, as far away as possible from that furnace. It is winter here in NZ and 13C in Hastings.

So like a normal summer in Scotland or so…

3 Likes

That would be midges.

2 Likes

I could, but that would look weird when I put my sandals back on to go to the kitchen or toilet!

2 Likes

Currently Funky Business Socks only here.

So when you take them off you know it’s business time.

7 Likes
5 Likes

“…and our sneaky character is off doing something else.”
“I have Overconfidence and Stealth 10 if that helps.”

(on a 3d6 scale…)

8 Likes

Not far off it, yeah.

Actually went down to london for a glamping holiday and it’s probably the first time in years we’ve stayed at a camp site and i’ve got home with more than half the blood i started with.
Bloody midges’ll strip you to the bone in seconds if you let them.
Apparently they’re just not a thing down south

7 Likes