What are you watching?

Presumably introduced during the final season to make everyone stop moping about and get their lives in order, what? [hearty backslap] [casually reads Fünf Vorreden zu fünf ungeschriebenen Büchern] [laughs like a steam train going under a bridge]

1 Like

Is it old or new gossip girl?

The first series of the old one is surprisingly good.

1 Like

Unknown – neither of us have ever seen a show by this name, so it could be either (until right now I didn’t know there were two of them). I gather that it’s about school teachers, if that helps.

If they mention twitter/instagram/etc it’s the new one.

The new series is much more flawed but also more interesting in a lot of ways. It takes a chance on a premise but kind of flubs it in an irritating way.

'Tis the new one, then. I have passed along the information that there is an old one!

I half-watched (as I was trying to learn Hoplomachus Victorum) while my partner actually watched “The Menu”…

He said I wouldn’t be that interested as the movie has horror elements. It does. But less horror more … splatter? The worst part was the cringy foodie though.

From what I’ve seen (which is most of it), I already recommended it to some of my colleagues (the ones that told me to watch Only Murders in the Building).

2 Likes

Cocaine Bear is coming out soon, a movie (likely loosely) based on a true story of a bear ingesting a bunch of cocaine, to the point it died of it.

I’m wondering if we will get a Cocaine Shark sequel in a few years: Half a billion dollars worth of cocaine found adrift in Pacific Ocean

7 Likes

Just our luck. We would get the kids to the coast only for it to wash the shore and like Bigfoot finds it or something.

I want to see Skinamarink which is on Shudder. But I’ve not been like kid free for a while.

It’s super trippy to see a horror movie named after a song you associate with kids show, Sharon Lewis and Bram The elephant show, and Skinamarink TV.
So far I’ve avoided spoilers.

Although there’s another movie narrated by Tilda Swinton, Last and First Men on shutter that basically all the reviews say if you like Skinamrink you will like this and if you do not like skin rink then you probably will not like it.

3 Likes

Just finished up Daredevil S3 and man, what a ride that was! Probably the best of the Netflix Marvel shows. Everyone was firing on all cylinders and it just reinforced my delight for Charlie Cox and Vincent D’Onofrio returning in these roles next year for Born Again (which is somewhat ironic considering S3 was based on a lot of the Born Again comic run).

5 Likes

I have been watching the new series of Clarkson’s Farm. It has really brought back memories, specially with the visits from his vet, reminding me of my early days in the job. Still very enjoyable, I must admit I had a good laugh a few times already.

1 Like

We also really enjoyed the Daredevil show … it’s been a while. But I am happy that there is going to be more Daredevil :slight_smile:

PS: thanks everyone for getting us to watch Extraordinary. Season too short though.

4 Likes

I’ve just come across Ray Donovan on Prime. Really enjoying it.

2 Likes

I don’t know why it took me so long, but finally I’m watching Better Call Saul, and it’s great.

5 Likes

We binged on Amazon’s Clarkson Farm 2 a couple of nights ago to finish it. Still funny, although obviously the whole idea has lost a bit of novelty. The second half focus shifts a bit more on his struggles with the local council. It actually has made me think a lot on the farming situation in the UK, and how dire it looks at times.

3 Likes

Over the last couple of weeks we watched Lockwood and Co; a YA urban fantasy show I guess is the best way to describe it, where ghosts of the dead can kill you if you touch them.

The teen cast did a great job. We hope there’s a season 2, but it’s Netflix so who knows.

Inspired by the story we than picked up Locke & Key, another YA urban fantasy series that has three series with a complete story, so you can all be safe in knowing Netflix won’t be cancelling it before the story finishes.

We’re now on season 2 and it’s compelling viewing.

Neither of these are my usual genre as I like robots, rockets, and ray-guns, but good stories that kept us in suspense.

4 Likes

I’ve just caught up with a friend I haven’t seen in about 5 years, and those were the two shows she recommended!

2 Likes

Watched Severance over the last couple of days. Beautifully cast and played, intelligently written, confidently directed and exquisitely designed, it’s the best bit of telly I’ve seen in years.

Now please don’t cock it all up by dragging it out or fluffing the ending.

4 Likes

Yeah, not my usual fare but they are gripping to watch.

I really expected it to be a comedy based on the cast, but gosh, what a tense, nail-biting sci-fi where nothing happens. But a lot happens? So hard to explain.

Plain white corridors will now be terrifying forever.

Gosh it’s good. But yeah, I really hope they stick the landing with this.

1 Like

It is extremely funny, albeit in the darkest possible way, but the only cast members I knew were John Turturro, Christopher Walken and Patricia Arquette. Don’t believe I’ve seen any of the others before.

1 Like