What are you watching?

Another carry over thread.

Watching the new series of Brooklyn 99. Captain Raymond Holt is one of my favourite comedy characters. Anyway, watching it week by week has reminded me just how used to binge watching I am! Its both frustrating and refreshing at the same time!

Cool cool cool cool cool…

4 Likes

Westworld season 1. Holy smokes! Episode 7. No spoilers please. Also Better Call Saul and ITV’s (sorry) Quiz because I can’t believe how good Jeremy Dyson is as Chris Tarrant.

1 Like

Michael Sheen is Chris Tarrant

Call My Agent or Dix Pour Cent on Netflix.

Gangs of London on Now/Sky was ultra violent and quite fun.

Michael Sheen is Chris Tarrant

That’s how good he is.

We only watch via streaming. Right now we’re alternating between the original Addams Family, The Expanse, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. We kind of feel like Mrs. Maisel jumped the shark in the latest season, but C says she wants to finish out the season.

I’m re-watching Psych through amazon prime and re-watching Gargoyles through Disney plus.

I’ve also got the DVDs for Tales of The Gold Monkey in the mix. (Many thanks to @BigJackBrass for recording an actual play of Heroes of Rura-Tonga and introducing me to this.)

3 Likes

This season is so good too. I felt the recent ones had gotten a bit too, I dunno, sit-com-y? Too many strings of “And now there’s THIS crazy thing they have to deal with.” This season has been a nice return-to-form, though.

Holt is amazing, but Diaz is my favorite. Though, really, they both shine brightest in their interactions with each other.

My wife re-watches Psych about once a year. Such a great show. Looking forward to the second “movie.”

I don’t watch much right now, since I’m usually struggling to get our 2.5 year old daughter to sleep, then it’s my bedtime, but my wife and I have been watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Superstore on Hulu, with the occasional episode of Billy on the Street thrown in from Netflix.

My wife also started her yearly rewatching of Scrubs so I’ll catch random episodes of that. She tends watch Scrubs, Psych and Parks & Recreation about once a year. She used to wait until I was able to watch them, but at this point, I’ve seen every episode of all three multiple times, so she doesn’t care. Haha.

2 Likes

I finished Sex Education Season 2 the other night and I have to say it was a lot of fun. F U N.

Now I am enthralled with The Last Dance, the documentaries on the Chicago Bulls 6th title season (97-98). I used to follow basketball a lot more back then, and boy are they good. I am loving there is also a lot of back and forwards to the 80s and early 90s (to me the Golden Age of NBA).

I’ve been recording these so I can eventually watch. Don’t really watch the NBA outside of the playoffs, but I still follow it and grew up in a basketball household, so it’s my favorite professional sport

1 Like

I heartily approve of both of these, but can only like the post once. :frowning:

Psych is totally my jam, could watch it all the time and not get bored of it.

2 Likes

Who is Jeremy Dyson???

I’ve also been rewatching Psych :smiley: Need to finally watch the stuff I missed (the musical episodes and the movie).

2 Likes

He’s the fourth member of the League of Gentleman, never normally seen on screen, who Michael Sheen played in the film version (League of Gentleman’s Apocolypse) so it was… well it was a sort of joke. In my head it was a joke. I’ll admit it was quite obscure and also not funny, which makes it hard to qualify as a joke. But there. I did it. I can’t take it back.

2 Likes

Ah that makes sense now - I’ve never really been into LoG so it went straight over my head!

I got it! I got that one!

3 Likes

Honestly, you can skip the musical episodes. Haha. The movie’s pretty good. I was only OK on it at first, but it holds up pretty well to repeated watching.

It needed more Lassie, but makes sense they couldn’t postpone it while he recovered from his stroke.

The tie-in annual is quite a good source if you plan to use elements of the show.

2 Likes

I loved this series, it was so great! I wanted to have a plane like that!

2 Likes

Crap. There’s a Parks and Rec reunion special today. Just watching the pre-special special makes me want to watch it again.

100% chance this time next week my answer to “What are you watching?” will be Parks and Rec.

1 Like