UK Games Expo 2023, 2-4 June

Definitely looking forward to more than 30 mins in the halls today and not having a five hour drive turn into seven hours …. And my boy likes it too!

3 Likes

I’ve gone straight to the Hilton today. My husband has gone to the halls. Any bets on how many games he will come back with?

5 Likes

So far it feels a little calmer here than yesterday at the same time. So my bet’s on “several”.

3 Likes

Is “all the games” an acceptable wager?

3 Likes

As far as I know he has only human-normal strength.

3 Likes

Woof. Just taking a breather. It’s very intense! It’s quite cool seeing the number and broad range of games players.

So far I’ve picked up some pre orders and not much else. I might pick up a thing or two more with a final sweep or two and collapse into a mound.

I think if I come next year I’ll prepare a little better.

4 Likes

The answer is 3 and an expansion:

• Cloudspire
  • The King is Dead
  • Europa Universalis
  • an expansion for Kemet
6 Likes

I went through the halls again after a game of Blood on the Clocktower - which is obviously the best game ever. And I bought a game about trains and a trick taker :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

Shop and drop, Roger. Shop and drop.

2 Likes

Incidentally, if anyone is passing the Quality Beast stand would you be kind enough to check if Towers of the Sun has actually been released? I suspect not and that they are only demoing it, but we’ve been waiting for at least four years since playing a demo at the Expo…

4 Likes

Not everyone is you.

4 Likes

I got @riddles to do the shopping for me, which is why I now have Tinderblox.

1 Like

“Quality Beast” isn’t on the Expo map Expo Map - UK Games Expo . Might they be borrowing booth space from someone else?

1 Like

Might be a mix-up. Tina saw something about them running demos last night, but she’s checking now and can’t see any reference to Expo. Stand down, everyone, stand down.

2 Likes

I resemble that remark!

3 Likes

Tomorrow i’m at liberty till about 4 when I help strike the booth. Recommendations welcome.

1 Like

Only saw this tonight when I got back home, and not in tomorrow, so missed you this year…

1 Like

Bring and buy yesterday could have done with more than two people on the purchasing side to avoid the long queue to exit as well as the long queue to enter…

2 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation @RogerBW

4 Likes

I got some good stuff, and in particular stuff I don’t think I would have got at home

Cheese thief
Vegetable stock
Dice Fishing catch and roll (I’ve wanted this a long time)
Wok and Roll
A starter coin for Distilled
A D60
A D100
Chip and collect - some game about seagulls stealing chips
Lastly from the bring and buy (I also made 130 from that!) I got Via Appia which is an old game that was on one of the earliest BGG game night shows.

6 Likes