UK Games Expo 2023, 2-4 June

Happy to make a private sale (or “sale”), will get back to you with my schedule if they ever tell me.

Nothing quite like setup day. For one thing the wifi works.

@mistercrayon and others, I still don’t have my full schedule but I’ll definitely be at Ares in hall 1 at opening time tomorrow, and I’d guess all morning.

8 Likes

I’m sure I’ll stumble past there! I’ll pop over and say hello :slight_smile:

1 Like

Annual UKGE tradition of going for a Korean at central B’ham

4 Likes

I hope the train strike hasn’t ruined anyone’s plans too much. I’m enjoying the luxury transport experience of a bus from Cheltenham to Birmingham this morning…

4 Likes

I’ve switched over to driving down once the train I was getting (already an unpalatable one) got cancelled.

There’s at least one road closure on the way so it might still be a nightmare.

4 Likes

I’m already sick of the trade halls :laughing:

5 Likes

They dont have Hegemony retail and the KS edition isnt interesting. Automata that Im not interested on. But Ive gone through my checklist now

3 Likes

Done with work for today. Note to Future Roger: shorts!

6 Likes

We’ve decamped to the palace suite in the Hilton if anyone wants to say hi :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I always wear shorts. Last year’s Summer was scorching

2 Likes

Can anyone say if they find the halls hot or cold?

I’m getting the sense: hot :wink:

I didn’t find it too hot, but it’ll be hotter tomorrow!

Just arrived after 2 hours extra in the car …

1 Like

Not super hot but warm, humid and poorly ventilated.

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Ares all day tonorrow for me.

1 Like

I’ll be honest: from these reports, it sounds like a normal convention: easy to complain about, but probably a great deal of fun.

I hope you all are having a great time (that’s why you went, yeah?)

5 Likes

I think the organisers have gone for the easy option (let it get bigger) and not done a great job of scaling up their own organisation to match. (E.g. everyone has to accept hours of queue for the bring and buy, and Expo can’t lean on the NEC to do non-standard things the way they could smaller venues).

So there are specific things that don’t work well but the basic “get people and games in the same place” is all right.

7 Likes

I never bother with the bring and buy for this reason, and the queues to pick up tickets are always silly. I do still like having a nose around the stands, demoing some new games, and most importantly meeting up with people for games :slight_smile:

5 Likes