See The Pearple's Choice Awards 2019-2020 for more:
The old forum is gone, but the Pearple’s Choice (as begun by clg6000) is still here, and we’re catching up on 2019 as well! Please now send your nominations by private message to @RogerBW; you may nominate in as many categories as you like, up to five items per category. (We’re using the Hugo voting rules which I can explain in more detail if you like.)
Here are the categories and a quick guide to eligibility:
- Best game of 2019-2020 (should have a BGG publication year of 2019-2020)
- Best [type] game of 2019-2020, where [type] is each of:
- Abstract Strategy
(BGG pub year is 2019-2020, and [type] appears in the top two types on the game’s BGG page, except for Soloable; in that case either official or fan player count includes 1.)
- Best game artwork (BGG pub year is 2019-2020)
- Best expansion (BGG pub year is 2019-2020; can be an expandalone but must be combinable with another game)
- Erik Tengblad award for best game from an earlier year I only played for the first time in 2019-2020 (BGG pub year is earlier than 2019)
- Best game review (first published in 2019-2020) (not necessarily by SU&SD)
- Minutewalt award for 2020: Best socially distanced game (any game is eligible)
- pillbox award for 2020: Game you’re anticipating but haven’t had a chance to get enough players over yet (any game is eligible)
Nominations will close on 14 December; voting will run until 11 January. Nomination rules are not strict; if a game came out in 2018 but got a much wider release in 2019, just explain this in your nomination and we’ll probably allow it.
Please feel free to tell other SU&SD fans and game players in general about this thread. (I don’t do Discord/Disqus for example.)
[edit by pillbox]
The easiest way to send a direct message to RogerBW for nominations is to click his name at the top of this thread and then select “ Message”.
If you are a new forum member just joining us, the forum software may prevent you from sending direct messages. If this is the case, please reply to this thread and one of the moderator staff will make the necessary changes to allow you to submit your votes via direct message.
Alternately, feel free to look around and check out our subforums and read some of the threads posted by our wonderful community; by spending at least 10 minutes reading 5 or more topics/threads, you can automatically earn Trust Level 1, which is the minimum priviledge level required to send PMs.
In addition: welcome to the site!
Google Sheet to help you format your nominations (use is absolutely optional, more detailed explanation):