The Pearple's Choice Awards 2019-2020

Well, I was thinking of one specific written one anyway…

2 Likes

If a segment of a podcast is dedicated to reviewing a particular game, then I think that’s fair enough.

4 Likes

No category for cooperative games?

2 Likes

I think the categories are simply based on the BGG “Subdomains” and there isn’t a separate one for coop games.

If it were me, I’d rather have coop games as a category than Children’s Games or Customizable games for which I have no nominees. Although, come to think of it, I do not have any new coop games in my list from the last two years but I suspect that’s just me.

2 Likes

Not even The Crew?

2 Likes

That’s not a game anymore, it’s a habit :wink:

6 Likes

If this doesn’t explode in a ball of fire because 2020, and if I do it again next year, I will probably modify the categories a bit. (If you’d suggested “coop games” back when we were talking about it in the discussion thread, they could have been a category this year.)

5 Likes

Fair enough. I was on a hiatus then. I’m still just surprised that it wasn’t brought up!

3 Likes

I only noticed the same thing when trying to think of nominations, co-op for next time sounds like a good idea. But we’re not lacking for categories!

2 Likes

Thanks for doing this you guys, I enjoyed this segment and hearing more about everyones boardgame preferences in the past, so thanks for making this happen again.

5 Likes

Also I may have missed it, but will the results be on SUSDs podcast again? Is there any involvement with them?

There was never a formal connection between the Awards and SU&SD - hence “Pearple’s Choice” rather than “SU&SD Awards”. On previous occasions, the results have been made public, and SU&SD have then chosen to talk about them. If they do that again, great!

9 Likes

Just edited the first post to make it clear that “best game review” doesn’t necessarily imply “by SU&SD”.

4 Likes

FYI this will be in the SU&SD news tomorrow (Monday)

5 Likes

Not sure how to send a private message here but registered to nominate

nomination

Ducks in Tow for “best artwork” and “best family game of 2019-2020” (it hasn’t been categorized yet, but it is a family game without doubt)

The ducks are just so cute, and the art is fantastic!

9 Likes

Welcome, @psyck0! As a new user you may not be able to send PMs until you’ve made a few posts. I’ve logged your nomination – and in a moment I’ll put it inside spoiler tags so that other people don’t see it unless they want to.

2 Likes

Welcome @psyck0!

1 Like

Welcome! And you’re right it looks quite lovely

3 Likes

Cast my votes. Mostly my votes came out of Tabletop trials, but hey, it’s been a tricky year…

5 Likes

Welcome to the boards.

1 Like