The Crowdfunding Thread

The computer game was excellent if only because i loved the circular map… but so far I have avoided computer game adaptions … they make me afraid of being either dumbed down or extremely fiddly. Still waiting for someone or a game to convince me otherwise :wink:

3 Likes

After a long deliberation with myself, and seeing that a few of my friends liked the design and rules, I am backing Northgard: Uncharted Lands, my first ever backing of a Kickstarter… We’ll see how it goes

8 Likes

I read the latest two diaries (well scanned is more like it, as they are quite long) and I am quite excited … I have little comparison with other game designers but from my own profession as a software dev I know how hard it is for people to put into words what they want to do. So these diaries are all the more impressive. I particularly enjoyed the comparison of Pokemon and Starcraft battle systems.

1 Like

Interesting first choice! What pushed you over the edge?

I’m only at 1 euro, but the combination of area control, cards and game mechanics. I want to see how it develops the next 4 weeks.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2012515236/quest-avalon-deluxe

Hmmm. I love Weberson Santiago’s art, but I already own Avalon and Coup and don’t really need “slightly different Avalon”.

4 Likes

It seems like a weird one. The quest game seems like it’s sort of like Avalon but not actually Avalon (it has four players and no voting?). But then they thought they could just upgrade it a little to make it Avalon we well.

At least it included hard to obtain promos (Excalibur)

It is beautiful. Not sure that I need to spend that much money for it though, and why would you want a bigger box for Avalon?

I never found the framing of Avalon worked for me. I mean, in a resistance cell in the dystopian future, it makes a kind of sense to me that nobody knows who’s secretly the one with the special information. In King Arthur’s court, you know who Merlin is! So when The Resistance got all the gameplay modes of Avalon (with the Hidden Agenda/Hostile Intent expansions), I happily sold my copy of Avalon.

I think I’m much more likely to read the rules (when they’re released – whoof, no rulebook!) and build a Quest mode out of my existing fully loaded copy of The Resistance.

1 Like

So has anyone here played Petrichor? Just wondering… because I just watched the Tom Vasel review and it sounds like potential but I cannot quite tell…

2 Likes

This one’s been on my “maybe” list for a while now. I’m a meteorologist by training, so the idea is very appealing. I’ve never managed to play it though.

They made an Official Petrichor TTS mod with the Kickstarter… the comments suggest that not all the new KS content has been added to it but the author seems quite responsive… I think I’ll have a look at that :slight_smile:

1 Like

I haven’t played it, but the artist, Iella, is one of my favourites. I’ve met her at conventions a few times and she’s always a pleasure to chat to.

2 Likes

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tedalspach/ultimate-werewolf-extreme

I still have problems with the player elimination and prefer the One Night if I play a Werewolf-family game, but if you don’t mind it… you probably already have a copy. But there’s shiny new stuff here. (You can tell I’m not a salesman.)

Arkwright?!?! A card game?!?!?! :exploding_head:

2 Likes

I too am somewhat excited for Massive Darkness 2, I played 1 (but do not own it) and liked it very much but am still on the fence if I should splurge some money into that kickstarter…

So what info do you have to be ‘shockingly excited’? Just really curious in adding up all the plusses and minuses to see if I should back it or not…

1 Like

The fact that I was at all excited was shocking, lol.

Mostly it was the unique classes, and streamlined setup and play.

That said, I’ve been reading some feedback from people playing the demo on TTS, and more hesitant. Seems to be very swingy, to the point weaker characters can easily die the first encounter.

I’m still watching it, but given that info, and some upcoming campaigns (not to mention games already in our collection) and I’m not sure how likely I am to actually back it.

1 Like

So, it turns out I’m easily swayed when I’m away from my computer for a few days. I had been following a few projects and creators and ended up pledging for the following projects mostly on a whim:

I really have no business backing this as I’ve not played Arkwright yet, but it’s definitely the type of project I want to see more of. I don’t think it’s necessarily a good value proposition, as I’m guessing I’d be able to pick it up cheaper when it hit retail, but not by much.

This is a project that I had set to notify me on launch, so I basically backed it blind once it did. I’ve never played Glen More or Glen More More, but it definitely feels like a game I should check out. I watched a “how to play” video on Glen More II a few weeks ago because I knew this project was coming. I’m not convinced that the game needed the “Chronicles” and I’m even less convinced by even more “chronicles”; but that solo mode has me very interested, so I’m in for base+exp.

Stumbled on this because I follow Chad DeShon on Kickstarter, so was notified when he backed it. Reasonably priced cube rails game? Yeah, I’ll buy that (but not really because “Kickstarter is not a store”… psssh)

3 Likes

Backed Luzon Rails too because

1.) It’s a Cube Rail
2.) Was born in Luzon!

5 Likes

I’ve played the original and, while it’s the kind of relatively athematic Euro optimisation game that doesn’t really grab me, I can certainly say there’s plenty of depth if you want to dig into it. Distinguishes itself slightly from the standard “gather X, turn X into Y, turn Y into Z” sort of game by the spatial puzzle element.

3 Likes