The Crowdfunding Thread

I’ve heard good things about Vinyl. So I was quite surprised when I didn’t hear about this one until it launched:

Knizia reprint! That’s the only selling point I need. But I’ll sit and wait until more are revealed

3 Likes

I’m interested! I’ve never heard of the game before.

Has anyone played this one? Is the reason it’s only his (according to BGG rankings) 71st best game is because it was published waaaay back in 1993 (a.k.a. 2BC – before Catan)

EDIT: I guess the English edition wasn’t published until 2004

2 Likes

Not exactly Kickstarter, but a preorder on All Aboard Games.

Preordered: Rolling Stock Stars, 1849 Sicillian Railways, and 1882 Assiniboia.

The usual long wait begins.

2 Likes

I’ve found that i’m looking at the late backer for oath again. When it was on Kickstarter I backed dark tower instead and then backed pax Pamir 2e. But that art and some of the mechanics sound cool…

2 Likes

Oath has changed a lot since I backed it. I think it’s probably a more solid game now. Can’t go wrong with Pax Pamir 2e though.

3 Likes

Everything about oath screams to me to want to play it except that it’s a mainly 3+ player game.

3 Likes

That was one of the main reasons I didn’t back it in the first instance. Although I was glad to read Cole was putting more work into single player. Hopefully that means the 2 player is relatively robust.

1 Like

I’ve backed Oath based on how much I like the idea of Wehrles other designs (cannot say more than that as I have not played Pax Pamir 2 and Root nearly enough) and the ideas he put forth in the design diaries. I haven’t been able go follow the updates closely so I don’t know where the game is at now … but I feel the game was only going to get stronger through more playtests.

I am looking forward very much to receiving it at some point from the void (to quote what others here said) into which I (regularly) throw money. Once Spirit Island and Pax Pamir 2 have arrived here it is probably my most anticipated KS…

3 Likes

The diaries is a large part of my renewed interest.

Update: backed it. It’s my birthday this month and they won’t take the money for a bit yet.

2 Likes

Some people must really like Wingspan

2 Likes

I saw previous kickstarters for these meeples and they are just too expensive. Now if these were for Spirit Island…

Cracked Earth got funded! Happy to back an actual small time publisher for once.

2 Likes

I do like the kakapo meeples :slight_smile:

4 Likes

See that the frost punk Kickstarter launches early sept. I’m certainly keen to learn more about this one having loved the theme of the computer game.

2 Likes

That Emu nearly have me sold, but I will be strong

1 Like

I could see getting just the Frogmouths for $10 or something. :smiley:

Despite loving the idea, I was expecting to pass this right over based on. The designers, but Paul Grogan (Gaming Rules) spoke very highly of his early play.

I don’t think I align with him much or anything, but it was definitely enough to get me watching.

2 Likes

I can’t see any game really satisfying me where I have to do a lot of labour for the “computer”.

1 Like

It’s a good point. I’ve had a similar experience going the other way too. The Terra Mystica app I’m looking at you (I can play a game-badly, extremely quickly with the computer doing the heavy rules lifting).

1 Like