The Crowdfunding Thread

Yeah, and I have a few. Planet Unknown and Spring Meadow being two top candidates for most purposes. And Railroad Ink sort of filling in some of the gaps. Oh, and Cartographers; more so than Railroad Ink in some ways, and less so in other ways.

1 Like

I found project L to be cool but a bit small. It seemed to finish just before you felt you could do cool things.

3 Likes

Yes, when you cleared a level you had the fast Russian music and the fella doing the dance.

3 Likes

I have to be hte last person to get their tracking notice for Frosthaven (not quite I guess) but I finally got it! I doubt it will get here before Easter though. But it might… it might…

7 Likes

Checking on Ra…

Sat 1 Apr, 5.41am   SYDNEY NSW Cleared and awaiting international departure
Sun 2 Apr, 12.01pm  Flight departed
Wed 5 Apr, 8.09am   Landed in New Zealand

I mean, that’s normally a 3-4 hour flight…

Perhaps Ra was displeased by the original planned flight path.

4 Likes

That’s some Bermuda Triangle type shenanigans right there…

5 Likes

Maybe they found a mysterious island, where the geometry is all wrong…

5 Likes

Maybe they turned West instead of East?

5 Likes

Probably best if I bury the box somewhere in the desert/woods/ocean/an-abandoned-mineshaft without opening it…

4 Likes

It is actually here.

The delivery person looked doubtful when I said I was able to carry it inside myself.
It’s definitely box-ception or something… the internal organization doesn’t look to bad. I think I might actually try using that and adding a tray or so for the maptiles… I had considered getting the insert but I believe after Broken Token went the way of the Dodo, the folded space solution didn’t convince me or it was just too expensive? I mean I have a homebrew insert for Gloomhaven, I should be able to figure out something for this tiny box and the small number of cardboard pieces :wink:

We have a long week-end ahead of us and we’ll surely have a closer look tomorrow…

12 Likes

I bought a folded space insert for GH after having bought a lazerox one. The Folded Space one got sold really quickly. Less than half the price but less than a tenth of the utility. It failed to speed set up and tear down over baggies.

The frosthaven insert is good for an included in the box one. It leads me to think an FS would not be an upgrade but an expensive fully designed wooden one would as it would speed set up and tear down. That being said I haven’t looked in to the market to see if any exist.

3 Likes

Delivery!

4 Likes

Firefly - Moar firefly

8 Likes

I hope they make some rules clarifications in this. I spent a bunch last year getting most of the content, so this is not for me, but I’d love to have any uncertainties cleared up.

3 Likes

An update!

Wed 5 Apr, 8.09am   Landed in New Zealand
Wed 5 Apr, 8.09am   Arrived at postal carrier's facility in New Zealand
Wed 12 Apr, 9.58am  International arrival - awaiting clearance AUCKLAND (NZ), NEW ZEALAND

The Micky Mouse Postal Service is on the job. Our motto is “We have no idea where your parcel is at any given time!”

6 Likes

That brings great memories of my first PBF game of it here. Should we have another one for good times sake?

5 Likes

Just to check, are you actually in New Zealand? :slight_smile:

@raged_norm the rumours I’ve heard suggest that it’s basically a big reprint with a new box and maybe a tiny bit of new content. Which is great for availability but doesn’t grab me.

@COMaestro you do have my Big Damn Rulebook (on BGG), right? The thing is, with none of the original designers still at the company and one of them dead, I don’t necessarily trust the people there now to clarify things better than the BGG player community who helped me put that book together.

6 Likes

It is starting to feel entirely coincidental that this parcel is ostensibly sharing a country with me.

Meanwhile I went to a games meetup this evening, and got to admire someone else’s copy of the game, which apparently had less trouble arriving than mine.

8 Likes

I shudder to think that anyone’s copy has MORE trouble…

4 Likes

I succumbed to backing Space Inis, and have yet to receive any notice of Ra shipping. :pensive::skull:

5 Likes