The Crowdfunding Thread

Unfortunately

2 Likes

Mage Wars!

He didnā€™t even review in on SU&SD, but in an article he wrote somewhere else? But thatā€™s definitely the game I was thinking of.

No idea how i got it and Wiz-War confused. Baffling, really.

2 Likes

Oh hey, thatā€™s what I was thinking of when I wrote Summoner Wars, hah.

So many wars, so many mages.

6 Likes

Eurogamer: Mage Wars review | Eurogamer.net

A whole decade ago :astonished:

3 Likes

I forgot how many he wrote outside of SUSD. I know Tzolkin was also written in Eurogamer, and it was what made me bought it.

4 Likes

Zoo Vadis and Gussy Gorillas by Nick Murray of Bitewing Games ā€” Kickstarter

I love Quo Vadis and Iā€™m backing this one, which has a more approachable theme. And I am keen to see what kind of redesign Knizia have done with it ( but I swear, we have club members who will always prefer the dry Roman Senate theme over the cutesy animals!)

6 Likes

I know nothing about Quo Vadis, but always interested in Knizia games.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m thinking about which level t go for. Fancy edition for Ā£Ā£Ā£ or non-fancy edition for Ā£Ā£

Pueblo late pledges are also open.- Pueblo by Mojito Studios - Gamefound

Looks like a very different game, anyone played the old version?

Iā€™ve played the old version and it looks the same with this. Place a block. The chief moves and penalise everyone in their line-of-sight

2 Likes

I should be all over Zoo Vadis, itā€™s a Knizia, it looks great. But negotiation games in my group just donā€™t work. We just donā€™t play like that.

2 Likes

Unfortunately Wiz-War is primarily a game about grabbing a treasure and running away. Any fun spellcasting is secondary and only for the purposes of expediting said looting or interfering with someone else so doing it. I think itā€™s technically possible to win by finishing other players off but you wonā€™t.

3 Likes

Backed Zoo Vadis (fancy edition), I can see this going well with my more causal players. Skipped Pueblo

3 Likes

Lords of Vegas is back. $60 for base+up or $100 all in.

Still pricey I think, as that doesnā€™t include shipping.

3 Likes

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tedalspach/blueprints-of-mad-king-ludwig-a-flip-and-sketch-strategy-game

A roll and write with game trays. I thought weā€™d reached peak roll and write with sagrada legacy but this might pip it!

2 Likes

I just donā€™t understand why they want include 6 players as standard. The game has a 40 turn limit which is shared amongst the players. I simply would not want to play Lords of Vegas (a game which I really like) with 6 players. I wouldnā€™t be thrilled by 5, but 6? No chance,

2 Likes

To appease players. We all know 2-5p donā€™t actually play 5 players, but you can be rest assured for every BGG page of a 2-4p game there will be someone who says ā€œI only play with 5 players, is there any way we can make this work?ā€. Theyā€™ll be told a resounding no by a dozen people. Then theyā€™ll throw a strop and say theyā€™re going to do it anyway.

5+ player games are a lie!!!

6 Likes

I have the Railroad Ink coffin box (four colours of basic set, and all the add-ons). Thatā€™s enough Railroad Ink for me basically forever.

5 Likes

Captain Sonar feels offendedā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s different and you know it! :sob:

4 Likes

*my post relates specifically for the more traditional games that are obviously designed for 2-4p and typically excludes team based games and party games that truly were designed for playing at higher play counts.

My hottest take is:
2 player = fine to learn a game. Little more.
3 player = awkward and more than likely going to result in some sort of 2 Vs 1 dynamic.
4 player = BEAUTIFUL. PERFECT
5 player = Overly long and no one quite gets a full games worth of satisfaction

Iā€™m really fed up with playing games at 2 player to find out if they actually work at that player count :cry:

7 Likes