The Crowdfunding Thread

Unfortunately

2 Likes

Mage Wars!

He didn’t even review in on SU&SD, but in an article he wrote somewhere else? But that’s definitely the game I was thinking of.

No idea how i got it and Wiz-War confused. Baffling, really.

2 Likes

Oh hey, that’s what I was thinking of when I wrote Summoner Wars, hah.

So many wars, so many mages.

6 Likes

Eurogamer: Mage Wars review | Eurogamer.net

A whole decade ago :astonished:

3 Likes

I forgot how many he wrote outside of SUSD. I know Tzolkin was also written in Eurogamer, and it was what made me bought it.

4 Likes

Zoo Vadis and Gussy Gorillas by Nick Murray of Bitewing Games — Kickstarter

I love Quo Vadis and I’m backing this one, which has a more approachable theme. And I am keen to see what kind of redesign Knizia have done with it ( but I swear, we have club members who will always prefer the dry Roman Senate theme over the cutesy animals!)

6 Likes

I know nothing about Quo Vadis, but always interested in Knizia games.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m thinking about which level t go for. Fancy edition for £££ or non-fancy edition for ££

Pueblo late pledges are also open.- Pueblo by Mojito Studios - Gamefound

Looks like a very different game, anyone played the old version?

I’ve played the old version and it looks the same with this. Place a block. The chief moves and penalise everyone in their line-of-sight

2 Likes

I should be all over Zoo Vadis, it’s a Knizia, it looks great. But negotiation games in my group just don’t work. We just don’t play like that.

2 Likes

Unfortunately Wiz-War is primarily a game about grabbing a treasure and running away. Any fun spellcasting is secondary and only for the purposes of expediting said looting or interfering with someone else so doing it. I think it’s technically possible to win by finishing other players off but you won’t.

3 Likes

Backed Zoo Vadis (fancy edition), I can see this going well with my more causal players. Skipped Pueblo

3 Likes