The Crowdfunding Thread

Looks pretty cool!

1 Like

Me reading the page: ā€œHey thatā€™s cool! errr, Ā£154? Ā£154?! For. One Die.ā€

6 Likes

I see it as Ā£154 for a dust collector that consumes electricity.

10 Likes

$277 before shipping! BEFORE! For ONE die!?

Iā€™m sorry. Floating isnā€™t enough for that. It has got toā€¦ I dunnoā€¦ do taxes and make good conversation for that much money.

OR you can save a staggering $30 and get a random die! Woo! Just think, for only $245 you too can get a die that floats that you hate the way it looks!?

Jeezus.

6 Likes

Maybe it only rolls 20ā€™s

5 Likes

No no no. It is that price for the BASE and one die! The dice themselves are ā€œjustā€ $50, though itā€™s half price if you order 8. Itā€™s practically a steal!*

*by steal, I mean they are stealing your money.

4 Likes

I canā€™t believe that people are paying that amount of money

1 Like

To be fair, if I was rather wealthy and money was not a concern, I would purchase a few of these. They look cool, even if as dice they are probably not all that practical due to the loose core.

And if the campaign is successful, I fully expect a line of d10s to come next, and then other dice.

1 Like

Yeah, itā€™s pretty cool. No way Iā€™m buying it, but if I were rich, I would.

1 Like

There must be 460 of those around, because that is how many backers they have alreadyā€¦

1 Like

Without gravity what even IS a 20?!!

6 Likes

So it doesnā€™t roll it for you, itā€™s just a stand that you grab the dice from and roll in big moments?

For that money you could have your dice on a stand thatā€™s a baroque throne made of, I donā€™t know, lab-grown ruby or something.

4 Likes

I wonder whether you could accidentally wipe your credit card with an unlucky rollā€¦ :thinking:

7 Likes

With all of that stabilising circuitry, I feel that it should have a ā€œrollā€ button to randomly spin it all about for a while, and then stop it again.

(Mind you, the one on the guyā€™s desk was bobbing up and down non-stop throughout the campaign video, which I found bemusing ā€“ apparently not entirely stable in practice.)

3 Likes

Thatā€™s because itā€™s sentient and controlling itā€™s owner.

4 Likes

That was my first assumption when I saw it.

But apparently the magnet is loose inside the shell, and can only be levitated in one orientation ā€“ you can turn the die to any face you like, but all the magnets do is hold it up.

3 Likes

That sounds like an awful design for a die.

4 Likes

Dark Venture is finally getting a reprint/2nd edition, so Iā€™ve found myself all-in on a Kickstarter for the first time in well over a year.

1 Like

Game-carrying bag and LED-edged playmats.

The bag might tempt me if it werenā€™t for postage from the US (and if I didnā€™t already have lots of luggage).

The mats look good if you canā€™t simply buy huge mousemats, which is what Iā€™ve done ā€“ Iā€™m a big fan of plain-colour gaming surfaces if Iā€™m not using a mat designed for that specific game. (I played Sentinels of the Multiverse on an Aeonā€™s End mat and it was very busy and confusing.)

And then there are the lightstrip-edged mats, and see previous comments on ā€œvery busy and confusingā€ - it wonā€™t even shine onto the components.

2 Likes

thereā€™s some cool looking stuff on the crowdfunders at the moment.

I like the look of Fit To Print, Cube Monster and Bazaars of Ubar

1 Like