The Crowdfunding Thread

Couple of really intriguing ones today. Shake that City (which feels like it occupies a lot of the space of tiny towns) and Empires End. (The latter seems to be a reverse space base with narrowing options and a tighter economy)

What really feels interesting is that these are both established players in some way (AEG and John D Clare) who are doing kickstarters for games in the £30 range. I don’t know if it’s a worry or just more people trying to snaffle that Queen game space.

Empires End is way to auctiony for me. save money ahoy!

2 Likes

Lords of Vegas is up.

Not sure why I bother to look any more. £140 plus postage for all in.

3 Likes

After getting the UP expansion, I think I am happy with LoV the way it is. The Americana boards add some variety that I’m just not looking for in LoV. The only thing somewhat tempting is the Underworld expansion, but again I think it may just add some faff that would just complicate a smooth, streamlined game.

It’s a shame the base set is so expensive, as LoV is a great game that I think most people would enjoy. $90 feels exorbitant for a game that I’m pretty sure retailed for $50-60 not long ago, though I guess it now includes UP by default, so that might explain it.

In any case, I’m passing on any of this.

2 Likes

US Only too

1 Like

Really expected more of an overhaul of the board and cards. Seems that just the box and the money got an aesthetic overhaul.

1 Like

I’m fine that I can’t back it. I’m not so sure myself if I need the expansions. Up! is great, but I haven’t even tried Underworld yet

3 Likes

£75 for the base game before shipping!
Admittedly that does include the Up expansion as standard, but still, that’s a lot of cash.
I also don’t really like the new art. The money’s quite nice (personally I quite liked the ratpack characters on the old cash) but the box makes me think of family-friendly modern Vegas rather than the rougher Vegas of the 50s and 60s which the actual game depicts. The new boards are pretty ugly as well.

5 Likes

Yeah, while I like the appearance of the new money, I wish they had kept the rather Vegas-centric figures. Though maybe with the new boards in the expansion they wanted something a little more agnostic?

I feel this KS would go a lot better if the base game was going for $60-70 instead of $90. Even if UP is included in it now, I don’t think you can just total the original base price and the expansion price and consider it a reasonable number. Especially when UP is just pieces for 5th and 6th players and what is essentially a bunch of blank tiles to add elevation.

5 Likes

Here - Sol: Last Days of a Star - Insert and Reprint by Elephant Laboratories — Kickstarter

So £74 for game plus insert

EU/UK VAT included, as per the comments. Not very clear on the actual page.

4 Likes

But still quite an expensive proposition. With the insert that would be 120€ for me. Without 100€. The question is do I risk waiting for one of my usual OLGs to back it or is it so niche that I need to back it myself?

I thought it was going to be an insta-back for me.

Oh the FOMO.

3 Likes

I only backed the game

4 Likes

All of the Feld Queen games are up in their standard editions.

They’re $75 for the three square ones and $95 for Marrakech.

Only really interested in the last of those but also not convinced I’ll be bothered to explain it.

5 Likes

I was confused for a moment how Marrakech could possibly cost that much…

5 Likes

Ha I know there are two of them and I changed it to the wrong one!

Thinking about it i think one of the pieces is called a Keshi so the clue is there.

2 Likes

So expensive for the rest of the World shipping, in Aussie dollarydoos, it comes out to 97 for the game and another 82 for the shipping. It’s just too much for me.

1 Like

Do you have a link for these?

1 Like

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1082720051/stefan-feld-city-collection-classic

2 Likes

I thought shipping might be ok as that’s a European project. €35 for one game to the UK.

I think if the additional boardgame Kickstarter costs had been clearly explained during the referendum campaign then Leave wouldn’t have stood a chance!

9 Likes

Not shipping to Australia - but I could back the older KS for Hamburg and Amsterdam?

2 Likes

Mycelium: A Mushling Game by YadCo Games — Kickstarter

This… seems like a pick-up-and-deliver train game like Age of Steam. Also, I love mushrooms. Hmmmm…

3 Likes