The Crowdfunding Thread

I think they do - Asmodée bought them all - but they’re all fully occupied pumping out stuff for them.

3 Likes

I got notification that my copy of Tindaya Deluxe is going to be on its way shortly.
They promised to deliver before SPIEL… I am impressed. However, I think part of the reason for this may be that a) the game was mostly finished when the crowdfunding campaign happened and b) the campaign is only for the deluxe version and as such much simpler to manage and probably smaller than others.

In any case… for now I’ve setup another game of Everdell downstairs for after work (this time a real solo with Pearlbrook, can’t wait)

6 Likes

Another delivery :clap:t2:

5 Likes

New solo-journalling KS by Jack Harrison (Artefact, Bucketful of Bolts, Orbital).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jhrrsn/koriko-a-magical-year

5 Likes

Anyone taking a look at harrow county? New thing by the mind mgmt folks.

These are adorable. I’d be tempted to pick up a deck or 3. But for $22 per deck + Shipping? Ack! Thbbft!

2 Likes

This looks adorable! Backed on your recommendation…

7 Likes

Just received a shipping notification for John Company :partying_face:

8 Likes

Saaaaaaame! :star_struck:

7 Likes

OK so first of all here’s why you shouldn’t take me seriously. I learned the basics of this game a couple of days ago, and I’ve been demoing it today, which does involve getting paid by the publisher. I’ve been playing or closely observing 8 games today, as well as giving explanations that didn’t lead to a game. I have not played Ares Expedition or any of the expansions, as far as I know.

Also, I’m not a great fan of TM. And for me this fixes several of the things I don’t like about it - which may be some of the things you, generic you not just Brattyjedi, do like about it.

Specifically: cards don’t have prerequisites. If you can pay the resources, you can play the card. Which in turn means you don’t need to decide whether to try to build a prerequisite chain and be at the whims of fate whether the cards you need will come up. Also, no cost to draft a card (when you choose to do a production turn, you can discard as many as you like, then draw up to 5; in an action turn, you can use your support action to draw 2, no hand limit). So there isn’t that frustration of the cards yelling “make a plan, pick a path” but not giving me the tools to make an informed choice.

Other things are good too. I could easily believe in the box’s claim of 60 minutes; even beginner games with 3-4 players weren’t taking much more than that. Turns are still fast even late in the game, so there’s little downtime. Completing two of the three tracks (oxygen, temperature, water) triggers the end game. Post-game scoring is relatively painless. If you don’t have a particular resource, you can spend one support action to take a die of the right colour, which may come up right (each has three symbols distributed 3-2-1). Or you can take another support action and spend a die to change another die’s value to whatever you want. It’ll be less efficient than building a thing that can churn out that resource, but it’s a thing you can do rather than just sitting there saying “boo, I can’t play any cards”.

The art is still the TM mishmash of styles, but what can you do?

I’m not going to back the kickstarter, because $22 shipping on a $35 game, and if it ends up costing more than $57 you can all laugh at me. But I might actually buy this when it’s available. (E.g. next year with booth demo credit. :slight_smile: )

8 Likes

This resolves many of the issues I have with TM… :thinking:

4 Likes

I definitely want it. but will wait for retail. I had good fun playing. the prototype dice were awful because 3d printed dice probably are. but the game was good. Must have been because I had a great teacher.

8 Likes

Surprisingly, the humongous Everdell: the Complete Collection I had ordered made it to NZ today. More precisely, to my humble home in Hawke’s Bay.

PS: Gosh, it is big…

7 Likes

Flamecraft due to arrive Monday, while I’m in Germany, not South London. Hopefully my dragons will stay safe until I get back home.

7 Likes

After two nights attempting to put order in it, I think I managed to organize the cards and tokens from the Behemoth that is Everdell the complete collection (that’s without applying the stickers to the meeples, I sort of prefer them without stickers?)

Considering that it reached me in NZ about three weeks ago, I start to think I did well leaving UK due to Brexit… :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Just another added ‘benefit’ that was ignored at the time… Postal strike probably hasn’t helped either.

4 Likes

The stickers are cute but fiddly. I get why they provided twice the amount

3 Likes

I backed Keydom’s Dragons back in June 2022 and arrived 2 months before the target date. If you’re gonna use Kickstarter as a pre-order system, this is how you execute it. Granted, it doesn’t have any minis, which is often the most complicated component to produce. It still pretty quick for its scale

4 Likes

Right, this last few weeks I am having a crowdfunded game avalanche.Endless Winter: Paleoamericans has made it to my home. And the missus is about to send me packing with it. In a way, I understand her, because the timing has been… how to put it… very much mistimed.

4 Likes

I thought the double amount was to put stickers on both ends of the discs?

No I have doubts…

3 Likes