The Crowdfunding Thread

When delivery season hits, it hits hard. And all those boxes are pretty big.

4 Likes

Count them. F.e. The big critters each has just 2 sides and yet there are 2 per side. I managed to sticker those without ripping anything but it was a close thing.

4 Likes

Itā€™s definitely delivery season! :tada:

8 Likes

12 Likes

Wherlegig games always look so nice, I donā€™t think theyā€™re for me though

5 Likes

No sign of mine yet :frowning:

1 Like

My wife backed Age of Comics: The Golden Years
Maybe it will arrive for my birthday next year. I spun the purchase to my wife as Viticulture for mid 20th century comic book publishing. My wife trained as an illustrator. My daughter studied writing and designing comics. My son is looking at all the English courses at Canadian Universities that involve criticism of comics. He has spreadsheet of spreadsheets of superhero appearances etc. I was comic-book-store-guy in Toronto a long time ago. Nuff said.

10 Likes

I am now waiting for zero Kickstarters :scream:

18 Likes

One of us! One of us!

(OK Iā€™m technically waiting for two Gamefound projects)

6 Likes

Congratulations you have completed Kickstarter.

The princess is in this castle!

8 Likes

Welcome to the jaded side.

Also, wow, the difference in packaging. Over here that came with eight plastic moulded corner protectors inside two to three layers of bubble wrap.

6 Likes

The paper seems to have done the job fine. It might have been a problem if it had rained, since the parcel was left wedged behind my binā€¦

4 Likes

Roll to the Top, Pollen, and Big Top by BoardGameTables.com ā€” Kickstarter

Pretty much Board Game Tables and trick-takers are the only ones I insta-back nowadays. BGT has a predictable additional costs as this is literally a pre-order system.

4 Likes

Hmm, Pollen seems interesting, but Iā€™m not sure that art work isnā€™t just a mess of colours. A nicely drawn mess of colours, for sure, but thereā€™s something quite off-putting about it. I think itā€™s mostly the circles (which are presumably important to the gameplay). I havenā€™t played its original incarnation (ahem) Samurai: The Card Game, and that one seems a bit divisive at BGG, so itā€™ll be interesting to see how this version fares.

2 Likes

I just want to announce that with the arrival of my Upzone Terrain KS, I am down to a grand total of one Kickstarter that is unfulfilled.

The last time I had exactly 1 KS I was after backing Glory to Rome black box back in 2011, and before Alien Frontiers Factions in 2012.

Just waiting on Frosthaven. Probably anotherā€¦ 6 months? Iā€™m going to say 6 months.

EDIT: For those curiousā€¦

Most Expensive: BoxThrone for $530, and WarMachine Tactics for $455 (all values in CAD). What a waste of money both of those wereā€¦ sighā€¦

Least Expensive: $20 for the Level 7 Omega Protocol upgrade pack, and $23 for Monikers. Both fantastic purchases, really happy with them.

Best thing I backed IMO: Xia ($160) and Scythe ($119). Love both games, will put them on the table whenever I can.

Worst thing I backed IMO: Aside from the two super expensive, super awful ones listed above, Iā€™d sayā€¦ Quodd Heroes ($100), which isnā€™t bad but the rulebook is so bad that you basically have to design the game yourself, and Abandon Planet ($46) which was just a bit too chaotic and bland for my tastes.

Most Delayed: Corvus Belliā€™s Infinity RPG system. It was supposed to be finished shipping to backers in 2016. They are still sending me stuff.

8 Likes

More from DVG: Eagle Leader, Fulcrum Leader.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/danverssengames/dvg-eagle-leader-and-fulcrum-leader

I already have Thunderbolt/Apache and Hornet and I donā€™t feel I really need any more. If there were a way of gluing them together back-to-back for a 2-player game I might be more interested, but that isnā€™t what the Leader series is about.

3 Likes

Twinkle Starship & Planet etuC by åŒå­ć®ćƒ©ć‚¤ć‚Ŗćƒ³å ‚ ā€” Kickstarter

More trick-taking games. Planet etuC is a reimplementation of Ambiente Abissal, a game highly regarded by the BGG Trick-taking guild. Both were designed by Taiki Shinzawa, which is enough for me to back.

2 Likes

I canā€™t resist a good trick taker, Iā€™m in - I think this is a first me for me, backing something that hasnā€™t already funded

2 Likes

Colours are ranked, and they put Violet before the sequence of Red, Orange, Yellow, Green. Argh. Why would anyone do that?!

The gimmick in Twinkle Starship is ingenious, if potentially a bit of a mind-bender. Iā€™d love to play it, but Iā€™ve no idea whether Iā€™d be any good at it.

2 Likes

BGG suggests that Ambiente Abissal is only recommended with three players. Do you have any insight whether it actually works with two?

1 Like