The Crowdfunding Thread

Hey everyone.
Some of you do Kickstarters. A few years ago Kickstarter lost email addresses. I noticed that I was getting spam on the address I used exclusively with kickstarter. So I changed it.

Today I got an extremely well done fishing email from „Dhl Express“ on that address. I really only noticed that something was off because it was going to that address. Since I don‘t know anyone who is as paranoid about their email addresses as I am and this passed my spam filters (which admittedly aren‘t that great)… please be aware. Even the link in the mail gave a preview of the dhl website when hovering.

13 Likes

Kickstarter also gives your KS-only email address to every project you back, and they lose it. It’s one of my primary spam-receiving addresses now.

6 Likes

I think sagrada legacy is coming soon to [one of the umpteen crowdfunders] and this video got me excited a bit

Something about the whole colouring book idea looks like a nice way to Match the themes of permanence and decoration in a reasonably cost effective way.

3 Likes

Grr. Quartermaster Logistics is having delays. Apparently a bunch of staff have been out due to illness (which likely means Covid, but it does not specify). As such, V-Sabotage shipping has been delayed, with no estimate of when it will begin. It was supposed to start shipping back around Aug 8th - 12th.

Not that it matters all that much, as I probably would not get it to the table in a timely manner. But I do like getting stuff in the mail.

3 Likes

Weimar - The Fight for Democracy by Skellig Games GmbH — Kickstarter

New Matthias Cramer game (designer of Glenmore, Watergate, Lancaster, and so on). This have been in my wishlist for a long while now. And it’s here and it’s by Capstone and Spielworxx.

But it’s so expensive! :smiling_face_with_tear: :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes

Woah. Won’t be buying that

2 Likes

But no additional shipping costs!

3 Likes

4 player only. But yes I am keen to own this but the price… … meh. But the historical setting makes it almost a must.

4 Likes

No idea on this one, buts it’s great box art.

5 Likes

It really is!

1 Like

It’s got me on the art

1 Like

My copy of Flamecraft just arrived today. That was unexpected!

Confirmed, the cuteness of the game art and quality of components has got the love of my daughters. I need to sit down and learn the rules quick, I thought it was going to be a bit simpler than it is. Set up looks interesting, I thought it was going to be simple as Splendor, but it leans a bit more into Euro-ish a la Res Arcana? The jury is out for that one.

My youngest is more than happy with the book markers, postcards, stickers and pin that came along with the KS version…

6 Likes

That indeed looks fine. I really love the art for Home on the Lagrange but it’s a **** game.

5 Likes

In contrast, I had an immediate “nope!” reaction to that font :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Really interested to see your take on it. I’m waiting for mine to ship and was hoping it was around the weight you’re seeing it. Seems like a good weight for the family, and the art immediately got my partner’s attention.

1 Like

I had a quick two handed session yesterday, without finishing the game (the children needed to be put to sleep) and felt good, but I will need to have less distractions and see how it goes on my next run before I try to teach it to the girls (that include my better half, she was very interested, and that is saying, she tends to not bother with games at all besides what she likes already)

3 Likes

It was mentioned previously, but it is now live:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/dune-war-for-arrakis

I am very conflicted about this. On the one hand, I will definitely own it.
On the other hand… it will cost way less at retail (no shipping charges at minimum).
On the gripping hand… those Kickstarter exclusives already look pretty mint… but I am so poor right now…

Argh. Argh argh argh.

4 Likes

have you seen the shipping costs? with vat on top that’s like 1.5 times the game’s price.

in other news I backed Weimar. speaking of expensive Kickstarter projects.

3 Likes

I am trying to update my address of outstanding crowdfunded and preordered but not shipping soon games as I am in the process of moving. I have way too many outstanding crowdfunded games.

6 Likes

Var/Shipping for sagrada: artisans moved it from £70 to £105

It’s a pretty penny!

I guess the overall pattern with KS is becoming: is it worth it for Europeans?!

3 Likes