The Crowdfunding Thread

Okay, fine, turns out there’s a bunch of dumb miniatures. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Never mind the gameplay, feel the weight!

(Not really fair, plenty of people like CoB as a game, but this KS doesn’t seem to be aimed at them.)

3 Likes

I’ve pointed it out as I’ve never considered the physical weight of a game as a selling point.

3 Likes

I can’t think who else would want to pay $120 for Castles of Burgundy when they could pay $40 for Castles of Burgundy. That is, games I love I will cheerfully pay for a superdeluxe blingtastic luxury edition of (or games I expect to love). But otherwise, nah.

2 Likes

I’ve backed QE with the expansion. Probably a little more expensive then I’d have liked, especially with VAT, but I definitely want a copy. Tempted to see if any retailers are putting in a retailer purchase.

Also, Damask has just one day left to go! We’re 11 backers away from our 12k stretch goal, which I’m hoping we’re able to meet before we finish. Damask by Radical 8 Games - Gamefound

6 Likes

Arcs has launched. I’ve been intrigued by this, but not spending £80 plus tax and postage for the full game.

3 Likes

It’s weird that it’s gone from ARCS the game about STORY ARCS to ARCS the game with the additional campaign module. I thought the campaign would be more integral to the design

(and to an extent it seems like Spacebiff doesn’t think the game lives very well without the three chapter structure).

2 Likes

Yeah, I thought the whole premise is that it’s a short campaign game.

1 Like

The CoB deluxe project is live. You can get it without minis.

Also now there are acrylic tiles if you want. Bling!

2 Likes

Yeah I’m very keen to see space biffs review next week of the “complete” arc. I got the impression from his groups discussion of “wanting more” that it will be a significantly more favourable review.

1 Like

same here. It feels perfectly set up for a reverse.

1 Like

And a playmat! It’s not a Kickstarter without a playmat.

And an extra board that’s very light on what it does beyond “quadruple layered and you can now grow grapes”

1 Like

I was mostly just planning on poking fun at The Castles of Burgundy Special Edition, but the pledge without the minis is actually a reasonable deal if you wanted to get all of the expansions and didn’t already have any of them.

So… I’m in for the moment.

4 Likes

It is reasonable!

I just find the lack of information on the first stretch goal baffling.

2 Likes

How come I haven’t seen anyone say “I’m digging that new plastic Burgen von Burgen” and on balance people ragging on it and then also it makes a million pounds in a day or so.

It’s like when I thought Ed Milliband was going to win the UK general election because everyone on Twitter was into miliverse memes.

3 Likes

Probably some amount of vocal minority in-play. Probably an amount of people pledging in order to scalp the Collector’s Edition later

1 Like

I think there are some people for whom backing game Kickstarters, particularly huge expensive ones, is a fun thing in itself. Maybe they like to look over their huge collection, maybe they’re selling later, maybe they just enjoy unboxing.

3 Likes

Oh, what? So that’s why The Ed Miller Band seemed so popular a while ago : D

I have decided that Ra isn’t that good that I will pay stupid money for the deluxe.

I saw one of the club members bought a used copy of Priest of Ra, and the Geekbits for Ra, and printed some home-made boards. Et viola! He has a copy of Ra.

5 Likes

I’m also not going to back Arcs, but it does look interesting. Need to do some review watching.

1 Like