The Crowdfunding Thread

For the deluxe edition. There’s a planned cardboard release as well.

1 Like

Actually, I must have known, cos Gamefound says I’m following it

Deluxe is tempting. If it was a so-so game I wouldn’t bother, but this is RA we’re talking about, a game that I often say is my all-time favourite.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m seeing what the deluxe cost is to the UK. It’s one of my favourite Knizia’s

1 Like

Ra is up. Normal version v. Reasonably priced imo.

Im in for expenso edition for now

3 Likes

I’m in. And I was off by $5 (once they collect the expected shipping)

EDIT: Beware the VAT. This does not appear to be EU-friendly.

1 Like

Since I expect issues getting the game to Germany without crowdfunding—lol ok “not shipping to Germany due to licensing issues”

Ah well, which European does not have friends or family living across some border? The only question is who I ask first for their address (my sister lives in France, my most likely candidate). I did the same for the terribly expensive international shipping on that Brandon Sanderson KS—the hardcover books will go to my friend in Portland until we can either mail them through her or—preferably—pick them up at some point.

So yeah, I’ll back the Deluxe version.

3 Likes

that’s so weird. I wonder if Germany will get a different version soon?

It is, but with VAT correctly added.

In for standard. Ra is great but not worth £90 to me.

3 Likes

I don’t think so. They haven’t reprinted any of the old Knizia games recently–maybe too many old copies floating around. My last edition of Ra was Alea I think? Through the Desert was Kosmos? Samurai… no idea. I have no idea who has the German language rights now (Austria and Switzerland are also out of luck) but I remember the disaster that was Whale Riders and Grail Games…

edit: Dicetree:

Yeah, no not that cover.

1 Like

I backed Ra as well, just the retail version. I do not need a ton of bling.

I’m guessing that if you want the retail edition, it’ll be slightly cheaper to buy it retail. Their discount off MSRP/RRP is less than most online retailers’ discounts.

Given the state of supply in the UK, I’d rather pay a premium to definitely get a copy.

4 Likes

The Tier-1 Knizias tend to cost RRP on 2nd hand market. Samurai, at the moment, goes for £100 due to some weird spike of demand from the US. Once you go on the lower tiers, they get dirt cheap. Strozzi and Amun-Re: the Card Game are examples of best bang for your buck I am seeing in the 2nd hand, as you can get them cheap and won’t regret if they don’t gel with you.

===================

Backing the retail, even though I’m not as hot about it like his other games

Hmmmm, half the price of the (standard) game for shipping…

< quarter price if you go deluxe :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Ha! Clearly, that’s the best option…

It appears group shipping rates are very favorable. $5 for each additional box, I think I saw.

1 Like

And because no one else did so; a link:

5 Likes

Went and swapped to the cheaper one of Ra. The idea of dipping my hand into a bag of 100 wooden tiles feels heavy and unpleasant.

4 Likes

The box will also be bigger for deluxe 110 mm deep vs 70 mm deep

3 Likes