The Crowdfunding Thread

I think this is a parody, though it’s a bit expensive for that. Enjoyable read anyway.

2 Likes

I suspect this is one for the true fans.

1 Like

£145 (inc shipping) just for the upgrade kit alone! Hard pass

True fans play Winter Kingdom.

2 Likes

I sort of regret not getting that when it was kickstarted. I like kingdom builder well enough but it needs a bit more bite.

It is still available to buy here in a few places…

Fighting words :triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph:

2 Likes

There’s something I find really appealing about the idea of playing Kingdom Builder. Mainly I think aiming for making the best use of restricted choices. That being said Queen Games vex me with their oversized boxes and ugly branding. I always skip their booths at a con. Also $250 plus postage?!?!?!?

3 Likes

They have two sizes, too big and way too big

6 Likes

We can always play my copy - big box 2nd edition

2 Likes

retroactively called box edition.

7 Likes

I realized I forgot Floating Floors, which I backed and as far as I can tell is on target for April 2023 delivery.

Not going to back it, but might keep an eye out in my FOLGS.

4 Likes

How much???

2 Likes

So Euthia cancelled at over half a million because it needed 1.5million! I’m genuinely gobsmacked at how much some of these games need (meanwhile I’m super happy at almost hitting 9k).

Next one for me is QE by boardgametables. They did a fantastic job with Factory Funner, so I’ve good faith in this (plus it’s a game which has stuck with me ever since playing it years ago)

8 Likes

It wasn’t dollar value, it was backer count (6000, apparently, which they didn’t expect to reach) . Presumably because of volume discounts on production.

3 Likes

I’ve just backed The DIE RPG. Bit of a no-brainer as I loved the comic and RR&D are pretty trustworthy at running Kickstarters.

3 Likes

Do EGG titles show up on retail? Keen but I might just wait for retail

Yes but there’s usually a substantial price premium for the nicer bits they do for the “kickstarter edition”. If you care.

Firestorm Cards often do retail pledges for Kickstarters. That’s where I got our copy of Age of Steam.

2 Likes