The Crowdfunding Thread

It helps me to get an overview just how many are recent and how many are old or overdue… and how many I might not have backed if I were thinking a bit more about it.

Also, I see how many games I back in hopes of finding the one that my partner and I will both enjoy.

Last but not least, my own recaps always trigger other recaps and so I get a closer look at the on-goings everywhere which I find most fascinating :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“outstanding” is a fun word in English because it means:

• ‘being conspicuous by merit’ – an “outstanding employee” would be an employee that is better than their peers
  • ‘unresolved’ – something that has yet to be completed

As well as the classic joke about farmers, who are “out standing in their fields”, paired with, say, the first definition, where a group of employees may be “outstanding in their fields”.

3 Likes
  • Ell Deck which yeah I’m not really expecting at this point but all I actually wanted was two more copies of the original one
  • V-Commandos V-Sabotage Ghost no minis for me but all the gameplay content
  • Rallyman Dirt one day my box will come
  • The Cthulhu Hack 2e lightweight Lovecraftian
  • Cthulhu Awakens tackling the obvious Lovecraft problems head-on, and I already quite like the AGE system
  • SotM Rook City Renegades though with the shipping I’ve just paid I may wait for retail on the next one
  • Damask quick-ish small-ish game with some interesting twists
5 Likes

This is the only one I’m waiting for, although I nearly backed Darwin’s Journey and Sefirot. And will get Verdant if it’s good.

3 Likes

It’s likely they are having to pay a warehouse to store their product, though. So while it’s possible they are hoping shipping costs will go down, it’s only a matter of time before paying the warehouse will cost more than paying high shipping.

3 Likes

I’m thankful I only have a couple of KS’s I’m waiting for, those being Everdell Complete Collection and V-Sabotage - everything but the minis. Sounds like both are more or less on track, meaning they will be later than the original estimates, but probably not horribly so.

3 Likes

Just John Company outstanding for me :smiley:

5 Likes

For outstanding projects on my list (and I have to be careful, as some KS appear also on my Gamefound list).

Kickstarter
-Mind MGMT Secret Missions: I went for the deluxe edition. I have no hidden movement games in my collection and this seems to have the right game length.
-Flamecraft: I gave in to the super cute dragons, July they said, we’ll see about that with all the trouble in China… EDIT: email received today, looks more like end of 2022. So probably 2023 by the time it reaches these shores…
-Everdell Big Box: as mentioned before, definitely looking like 3rd of 4th quarter of the year.
-Root: The Marauder Expansion. Seems like it is on its way to me. A month or two at least, I’d say three.
-Endless Winter: PaleoAmericans. This has taken way longer than I expected. They expected to deliver by last Christmas initially, I reckon it will be Chistmas’ 22 or first quarter of 2023.

Gamefound:
-ISS Vanguard: Who knows, it is a beast. By Awaken Realms. Some time this year??
-Northguard: Uncharted Lands. My first back on any platform, it is taking ages. The project is taking an interesting shape, different than what I expected, but somehow I think I like it more now. I am still unsure about it, but I will stick to my guns.
-The Witcher: Old World. I have seen it announced for Christmas. We’ll see, I’d be surprised if they manage that.
-Arydia: The Paths We Dare Tread. Backed it sold on the RPG-like structure. Plus I chucked in a reprint of Xia plus expansions for good measure. They estimate Dec 22. I estimate the first half of 2023.
-Tindaya: Deluxe Ed. I had to back a project based in the history of my homeland. And from a Spanish company, and a designer from my hometown. Plus the Spirit Island mood. They want to publish by Christmas, I doubt my copy will reach me by then.

3 Likes

I’m looking to get that Rosenberg game off gamefound. It’s the closest I’ll get my name on a board game.

2 Likes

There is also a campaign for that one at Spieleschmiede. I am still considering it after I read the recent designer notes post on BGG. But it would really make my number of Uwe games go way beyond too many.

My above post is just what I expect to fulfill soon, not my full outstanding list, which is dozens of items long.

1 Like

ICYMI

• Shipping+Tax for the latest CMON bag of minis KS is ridiculous, people are moaning

• Ra on Tuesday! I repeat Ra on Tuesday. Deluxe pieces will be wooden with metal coins (VP tokens?)

7 Likes

I’m in for Ra.

3 Likes

Seeing the cost first…

I’ve got the over/ under on Ra at £60

I was thinking $90 (~£72)

That is pretty quick from 25th Century Games

1 Like

Yeah, not changing my copy of Ra at that price (I think)

I think I’ll accept the “crap” version if it’s too expensive. I know at this point I’m more than happy with cardboard for most games.I think dual layer boards are pretty much the only upgrade I’d most be excited for nowadays.

4 Likes

I didn’t know Ra was being crowdfunded

2 Likes