The Crowdfunding Thread

Meh. Granted I didn’t played it enough, but I don’t feel that it’s a 70 quid game (same flaw as the Rococo Deluxe)

1 Like

Yeah, my feelings. The extras seem to be an insert and metal coins. Neither of which I need.

1 Like

American Bookshop,Cinderella’s Dance|アメリカンブックショップ,シンデレラのダンス by 双子のライオン堂 — Kickstarter

More trick taking games. :eyes: :eyes:

10 quid shipping!! :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

1 Like

That Carrara stuff seems silly to me. But it might also be the fact that is the normal price now?!

Normal price for Deluxified editions, yes. But I’d rather buy and play titles like Hansa Teut which I got for approx £35 from retail. Not to mention, Super Meeple’s Mexica, Tikal, and Cuzco were sold on UK retail for around £40. And those are waaaaaaay more good looking games. Granted, that was pre-COVID before we got hit with worldwide ;supply-side inflation.

Still, the comparison is valid. When I know that I can get games like this for around £40 brand new. Getting this for £70 is highly discouraging

3 Likes

I feel like my K&K education is far from complete, but I’ve always thought of Palaces of Carrera to be a bit too elbowy for me to want to take an interest in. I’d certainly play it if it was put in front of me, but I think it’s sufficiently out of the realm of something I’d want to spend money on. And, unfortunately, I’ve found that I don’t really care for online boardgaming to the point that I cannot even get a feel for if I like a game by playing that way.

1 Like

I would LOVE to own Rococo Deluxe… but only if it was about half the price.

2 Likes

Looking at what is going on with shipping and China, I would be very surprised if prices go down at all on KS. If anything, I think prices will go higher and higher.

This makes me glad that I am on the tail-end of a “board gamer’s life cycle” (if such a cycle exists!). 5+ years ago when I started, Village went as low as £20 but normally cheap and Castles of Burgundy was the “20 quid Euro” you’d get if you want a Euro. Some of our club members who started recently have to get Arnak for £45.

5 Likes

That is the usual way of things.

I think we may also see some of the shipping cost start to move into the “headline” game cost, because in terms of appealing to KS users, while a low headline cost is nice, shipping that doesn’t cost more than the game is also nice.

I do think the retail version will be available for around that price and contains nothing I don’t want.

1 Like

Oh, sorry, I meant rapidly, at least for a year or two.

1 Like

I just noticed. Carrara is at the first bit of the Crowdfunding section of the BGG front page. I’ll assume that this is paid promotion. The campaign is still far from over.

Now, I’m strangely fine with ads. As this is a board game website, it make sense to use ad space to promote on-going KS content and other bg-related stuff (and I have ads off, so I don’t see them). But having website content tweaked to favour other content with more visibility seems like a step too far and a sign of what the future will be like.

Thoughts?

3 Likes

It’s a way getting round ad blockers and those that have paid enough ($25?) to not see ads.

It clearly says ‘promoted’ so I’m fine with that. Pretending it isn’t is not cool IMO

3 Likes

It sort of says promoted, there, on the bottom right corner. At least they are being transparent?

2 Likes

I backed the Borderlands massive-piles-o-plastic Kickstarter.

I’m torn. I love… love Borderlands. I hate massive-piles-o-plastic KS.
I’m poor. This monstrosity costs $250CAD.
I haven’t played an in-person game since… June? I doubt I will play any in the next 4 months as Canada continues to be ravaged by the pandemic (and specifically, by stupid people who refuse to do anything to stop the pandemic).

Sigh

I still have time to change my mind…

5 Likes

FWIW I would assume that hating piles of plastic should override loving the computer game that the board game is themed around but cannot possibly be anything like. (Also see: Fallout).

4 Likes

It doesn’t seem like it really captures anything much interesting about Borderlands. it’s just an arena combat game. With piles of plastic.

2 Likes

My gaming acquisition plan for 2022 includes

• The Palaces of Carrara (GF) – This is a grail game for me and I’m not passing it up.
  • La Granja Deluxe (KS) – I own the original and like it very much; I just want the new edition.
  • Power Grid expansions – I have all them, so it’s part of my collection (though given the printing errors seen on the new map, I might wait).
  • Bad Company – When it becomes available in the U.S.
3 Likes

Okay. I cancelled the Borderlands KS.

If it’s good, it will get a retail release and I’ll pay less for it. And the odds of it being good are astronomically small.

Oh well.

6 Likes