STA chat thread:

@RogerBW asked for a die roll:
Rolling for home system placement, high roll goes first:

d1000: 372 Assussanni
d1000: 684 Delwayne
d1000: 333 Marx
d1000: 973 RogerBW
d1000: 997 RossM

@RossM, please pick your spot; then me; then Delwayne; then Assussanni.

(Oh, I will assume that any “player to your left/right” seating-order matches the positioning of homeworlds round the table.)

2 Likes

I will make the Cardassian choice (that is the decision is already made, but figuring out how the decision was made is the fun!).

Good luck everyone!

1 Like

Top centre please

1 Like

I’ll go upper left. @Delwayne ?

1 Like

Romulan - Bottom Right.

1 Like

OK, @Assussanni can take top right (Andorians and Romulans) or bottom left (Vulcans and Romulans).

Come to the Vulcan side. We have vegan cookies.

1 Like

Federation - bottom left please.

2 Likes

So I’ve got the cardassians as neighbours?

1 Like

1 Like

So random turn order and we’re off?

1 Like

@RogerBW asked for a die roll:
OK, I think that’s everything for setup.

Turn 1

I didn’t expect a shuffler to be useful so I haven’t added it to the dice bot. So I’ll do the same as before, high roll first.

d1000: 950 Assussanni / Federation
d1000: 340 Delwayne / Romulan
d1000: 43 Marx / Cardassian
d1000: 339 RogerBW / Vulcan
d1000: 718 RossM / Andorian

2 Likes

@Assussanni to play first, then RossM, Delwayne, RogerBW, Marx.

1 Like

On a scale of 1 to a thousand, I rolled a forty-three!!!??

Oh, this bodes exceptionally well…

:slight_smile:

Just about to go to bed, so I’ll reply with my moves tomorrow (might be towards the end of the day - I have a job interview in the morning).

4 Likes

Good luck!

4 Likes

(Given that I’ll be away over the weekend and don’t know when I’ll have time to process turns, and the lack of interaction at this point, if people want to put in conditional orders now that might be a workable idea - e.g. with “hide details” in the editor or in a private message to me.)

1 Like

Well my first 2 commands will be to launch one ship into warp and out of warp east, and place a system so it is touching the edge of the play area.

My second 2 commands is to do the same with one ship but in a due east, or slightly south east direction if it does not fit.

5th command will be based on what I uncover.

2 Likes

Since Humble Beginnings won the poll I’m assuming that I have no resources and no ascendency, so options are fairly limited (nothing to do in the build phase, no forming fleets, no commissioning starbases).

Command 1: put a ship at Earth into warp.
Command 2: take ship out of warp, exploring west (rotating north as much as necessary to fit).

Three commands remaining.

1 Like