Star Trek Ascendancy (recruitment)

:game_die: 5, 4, 3, 3, 2

Thats awful @discobot

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

I hate you so much.

1 Like

And generally the chat is in this thread, while the game is in the game thread, which I plan to start shortly once I’ve got everyone’s setup components sorted out.

3 Likes

Game 2 thread exists:

1 Like
Game 2 Preferred initial resources
  • Humble Beginnings (no resources, 0 Ascendancy, 3 ships)
  • Standard Game (3 of each resource, 1 Ascendancy, 3 ships)

0 voters

For @RossM and @Marx: this time I’m planning to put your production etc. tokens on the individual player board images, rather than shifting them back and forth into the data file.

1 Like

Cool! Makes sense.

Quick question.

Are we allowed to send private messages to each other to coordinate our actions?

You know for peace?

1 Like

looks around quickly

I don’t think that would be fair, really… private messages? In a PBF game? That seems… underhanded… and definitely nobody should do that.

innocent smile

1 Like

Perhaps do it Blood on the Clocktower style to emulate what you could do round a table, and post “X and Y have a conversation” to the game list?

2 Likes

In my PBEM games it was okay because I’m the non-partisan moderator running the game (and not a player). And all I required was for players to just ‘cc’ me in any of their messages. It was pretty cool. But here, I think our Host is playing…

2 Likes

Yeah, probably worth separating

(message to Roger-the-moderator to ask about rules details)

from

(message to Roger-the-player to conspire)

as in make them separate private message threads or something. :slight_smile:

I just want to go on record stating that any PMs from me to other players are considered binding on my part.

So if I send you a PM saying I’ll give you a 3-trade deal in exchange for a 1-trade deal (for example) and we encounter each other on your turn, “you” (whichever one of you this is) can tell Roger that we have an existing PM deal, and I’ll honour it.

I hope nobody will abuse this (by claiming I’ve said things I haven’t), but in the interests of speeding up the game a little, if I say I’m going to do, or not do, a thing in a PM, consider that fact.

Also note that I will be playing Cardassian as silly villains in tone, but I tend to play very straightforward.

To quote my favourite serial sci-fi of all time:
You don’t know me, son, so let me explain this to you once. If I ever kill you, you’ll be awake. You’ll be facing me. And you’ll be armed.

1 Like

Advanced cloaking already? Someone’s played this before…

“Science Officer, how’s your tachyon research coming along?”
“What tachyon research, sir?”
“… oh.”

1 Like

Yeah, that is an extremely aggressive tech for so soon.

I decided since with humble it may take a long time researching, so why not just start.with the most expensive tech now and get it out of the way.

2 Likes

Because it will make everyone seated near you extremely uncomfortable and consider rapid military strikes before you finish it?

Innocent grin