Spirit Island PbF - Game 1

I admit my mind is split into what cards to use. I will definitely play Sudden Ambush from SE7 to 5 (moving my presence along with it) but I am unsure to play Manifestation of Power and Glory, or leaving that for next turn, where I will need to do a reclaim and gain two power cards, one of them a Major, I think. For said major, I will need to store away some energy…

But playing Manifestation makes one of my innate powers quick, which will deal with the town in the sands

Never mind, I will play Sudden Ambush, Voice of Thunder and Manifestation for a total 5 energy, and that makes my Lead the Furious Assault power a fast one (as I have 4 Air symbols).

Then Manifestation should deal with a bit of the jungle problem we will face next turn.

1 Like

Did my comment come up all right? We haven’t moved in a week.

1 Like

Yes, your comment posted successfully.

With RogerBW at AireCon and Lordof1 moving house (and also at AireCon, I believe?) I thought I’d leave it until after the weekend before checking in.

But don’t worry, I haven’t forgotten!

3 Likes

Best hurry. If I don’t drown invaders at a regular pace, I get cranky.

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Summary of what I have so far for the Growth part of the Spirit Phase:

RogerBW: growth option 1 (reclaim cards + Presence from Card Plays track to NW2), confirmed?
Lordof1: tba,
Chewy77: growth option 3 (Presence from Card Plays track to SE8, +4 Energy). I also have your cards played for this round, although these can be changed until everyone else has also chosen,
COMaestro: growth option 1 (reclaim cards, gather Presence from NW3 & SW1 into oceans, gain Minor Power (done), +2 Energy.

@Lordof1 How are things looking timewise for you? I’m happy to wait if things are still hectic with the house move, just wanted to check in.

1 Like

Confirmed for me.

1 Like

Huge apologies, moved in a week ago but a few delays and Airecon happened, have now finally unpacked enough to approach something like normal, will attempt to make my move tomorrow and more regularly from then. So sorry about the delay.

3 Likes

Further apologies, I tested positive for covid today and am feeling a bit rough but I’ll try to make my move tomorrow.

1 Like

Oh, no, even though we are not playing with the expansion? (that includes pestilence)

Look after yourself, hopefully not many others got it in Aire Con

3 Likes

Rest up and feel better!

1 Like

Okay, sorry about the delay, I’m going to take growth option 1 as I have no cards in hand. Hopefully I’ll be a bit more frequent now!

1 Like

Hope you are not suffering too badly with covid.

Growth option 1 also gets you a new power card. Would you like a major power or a minor power?

Before answering that, know that if you get a major power card, you will need to lose a minor power. And I think none of your minor (starting set) power cards are too bad.

EDIT: although now I just remembered that your spirit might be using the beginners set up, where your initial cards are already laid up in a predetermined order? Assussani will now better, I haven’t got the rules available now.

He also already got a minor power on a previous turn (Mawbeasts), so that could be discarded.

I do think it’s a little early for Major powers, as they usually require a lot of energy to play and no one is really generating a great amount per turn yet. Though I’m still a relative novice at this game, so take my opinions with that in mind.

1 Like

I think I was using the beginning set up wasn’t I? That one please? Otherwise a major power discarding Mawbeasts.

All growth options are in and I believe the board now looks like this:

Next it is time to choose which power cards to play this round.
Reminder: this turn the Invaders will Ravage the Sands and Build in the Jungles, and you need 7 Fear to earn your next Fear Card.

RogerBW Cards and Player Board

You have 3 Energy and 2 Card Plays after Growth.

Lordof1 Cards and Player Board

You have 4 Energy and 3 Card Plays after Growth.

Chewy77 Cards and Player Board

You have 6 Energy, 3 Card Plays and 1 Air Element after Growth.

Discard Pile

Discard_Pile_Chewy77

COMaestro Cards and Player Board

You have 5 Energy, 2 Card Plays, 1 Moon, Water and Earth Element, and have drowned a Town and a City.

For Chewy I have Sudden Ambush, Voice of Thunder and Manifestation of Power and Glory, unless I hear otherwise. I don’t think I have seen anything from anyone else yet.

I should also have Dark and Tangled Woods in my hand.

1 Like

I will play Call of the Deeps and Tidal Boon for 1 Energy.

This gives me enough aspects to activate the second level of Pound Ships to Splinters and the second level of Ocean Breaks the Shore, which unfortunately won’t have a city I can target, but will still get a town by the slow phase.

2 Likes

I’m sticking to my plan, unless somebody has “turn to fast” powers to spare (which I believe we don’t, but I could be wrong).

So play Voice of Thunder (slow) Sudden Ambush (fast) moving a Dahan tribe to SE 5 from 7 along with my presence(and killing one explorer), and Manifestation of Power and Glory. As I have 4 air my Innate Lead the furious assault becomes a fast power, and I annihilate that town in SE5 before it can ravage.

1 Like

Whoops. Thanks, will fix.

2 Likes