Spirit Island PbF - Game 1

Small request. With the slow powers, would it be ok to add below what cards we have left in our hand on another collapsible bullet point under the Slow powers left?

It would save a lot of scrolling up and down to plan ahead for next turn.

I cannot see any benefit on gathering Dahan anywhere I have my presence discs, so I will just push one (along with one presence disc) from SE6 to SE 5 (waiting for my ambush card next turn)

2 Likes

Proposal for Rocky, comments welcome: gather 1 Dahan from NW5, 1 explorer from 6, both into 4. Next turn explorer ravages against Dahan and is destroyed. The build on 2 doesn’t get any worse from having its explorers still there, and this avoids losing Dahan.

1 Like

Good idea, thanks for the feedback. I’ll edit this turn’s post above and do this for future turns.

For Gather the Warriors you can target a land 1 away from where you have Presence. So you could gather up to 3 Dahan into a land 1 away from your current presence (taking your presence with them), then push 1 of those Dahan out of that land (taking your presence with it). This means a Dahan and one of your Presence could end up 2 lands away from where they started.

Not sure if that changes what you’d like to do?

I like it. Prevents a build, too.

1 Like

OK, so for the record:

Draw of the Fruitful Earth

• target NW4
  • gather 1 Dahan from NW5
  • gather 1 explorer from NW6
2 Likes

Definitely. I forgot the range, for some reason I thought the range was how much you could move them, but starting from your presence.

Can you split the power? Like gathering 3 Dahan into SE5 from 6 and pushing one Dahan from 2 to 4? That feels a bit overpowered.

If that is not the case, I think it will be good to gather three Dahan from SE6 to 7 to have a base of operations where I can help other spirits, and push one into SE5 from there, all along with my presence.

1 Like

No, you pick one land with the power, which has to be within 1 range of your presence. Then you can gather 1 Dahan per Air aspect to that land, then push 1 Dahan per Sun aspect from that land.

That’s pretty much how every power in the game works. Pick a land, do the effect.

2 Likes

Slow Power Phase

Lordof1 resolves Savage Mawbeasts in NE8, causing 1 Fear (7/16) and 1 damage, destroying the Explorer.
Lordof1 resolves Thundering Destruction in NE7, destroying the Town: 1 Fear (8/16).
COMaestro resolves Ocean Breaks the Shore in SW1, destroying the Town: 1 Fear (9/16).
RogerBW resolves Draw of the Fruitful Earth in NW4, gathering the Dahan in NW5 and the Explorer in NW6.
Chewy77 resolves Gather the Warriors in SE7, gathering the 3 Dahan and 2 Presence from SE6 then pushing 1 Dahan and 1 Presence (I think? If you want to leave the Presence in SE7, let me know) into SE5

At the end of the turn, any damage is healed and we return to the Spirit Phase and Growth.

1 Like

Board state at the start of turn 4:

Healthy Island: 8 Blight Remaining
Fear: 9/16
Fear Deck: 2/3/3, 0 Cards to Resolve

Invader Turn
Ravage: Sands
Build: Jungles
Explore: Stage II (Mountains, Sands, Wetlands OR All Coastal Lands)

RogerBW Player Board and Cards

You have 0 Energy carried forward from last turn.

Cards_Remaining_RogerBW

Discard Pile

Discard_Pile_RogerBW

Lordof1 Player Board and Cards

You have 1 Energy carried forward from last turn and no cards in hand.

Discard Pile

Chewy77 Player Board and Cards

You have 1 Energy carried forward from last turn.

Discard Pile

Discard_Pile_Chewy77

COMaestro Player Board and Cards

You have 2 Energy carried forward from last turn and drowned 1 City and 1 Town.
You have no cards in hand.

Discard Pile

@RogerBW @Lordof1 @Chewy77 @COMaestro Over to you to strategise and pick growth options. If you’re gaining a power let me know if you’d like a Minor power or a Major power and if you’re adding Presence let me know which track to take it from.

Well, with no cards in hand, I should probably use Growth option 1, and take a minor power. Obviously the 1 presence in the NW will go back to the ocean. I want to see what power card I get before deciding which presence to pull back in the SW.

1 Like

Option 3 for growth, taking a presence disc from the cards row and placing it in Jungle SE8. I can play three cards now, and if my math is correct I have a total 6 energy now.

1 Like

I haven’t got any powers that push invaders yet… probably you can take mine…?

Thoughts welcome.

The Ayatollah of Rock-and-Rollah

OK. Ravaging will happen in the sands, and the explorer will do one damage and then vanish without trace. I can get two card-plays, if I take growth option C and the Energy track, but do I want to?

• Guard the Healing Land - I have no Blight, I have no need for Defend. @COMaestro I could reach out and de-Blight your 8 if that seems worth it?
  • Rituals of Destruction - I can’t get Dahan into place in 2 for the bonus, but I can break the town or 2 explorers with my 2 Damage. They’ll still build a City first, though, and that’ll be a pain.

If I do do both, I can give a repeat for an energy-1 card.

If I Growth B, since all my sites are doubled, I don’t get to add a growth marker. So no.

Growth A would be nice but seems passive. Worried about that Ravage in 2 next turn; I guess I could Perfect Stillness there again…

Slight correction, you can still add a Presence to the board and have three Presence in a land. This has no functional benefit for you other than getting it off your player board, but it is allowed.

2 Likes

You could also use this turn as a prep to get a Sacred Site in a land next turn to give yourself 3 Defend. Place a presence this turn, then use the 0 range growth option next turn. Benefit of that is it will get you another power card (that costs 0 or 1 energy to play, compared to your base cards).

Downside is you would not retrieve cards on the next turn, meaning you would need to do it now, or only have whatever you draw available to you.

Just a quick correction to your post: NW2 will build a town this turn, not a city.

All that said, Blight removal would be nice, but it is not critical at this point, and might wait until a combined Defend and Blight removal can be used. Meanwhile I can probably help out with NW2 when it ravages.

@Assussanni, pull back a Presence from SW1 into my ocean as the rest of my Growth.

1 Like

So that might be:

grind crunch

T4, reclaim cards, Card Plays track, Presence into 2 (city build in 2), play no cards, end with 3 energy;
T5, +2 Energy, Card Plays track, 2 is Sacred Site; 8 energy; then I have Defend 3 there automatically, I play Guard [3] to Defend 4 (total 7) and take no damage, then Draw [1] to bring in two Dahan, and Rituals [3] for 5 total damage wiping both town and city.

If I do the T5 growth with a gain power card, I don’t have enough energy. If I use the energy track, I don’t have enough card plays.

I can assist with the Defend, so you can save that energy, if you want to pursue this option.

How much Defend would you be throwing in?

I can do 3 or 4.

OK, asking you for Defend 4 on T5, and I get:

T4, reclaim cards, Card Plays track, Presence into 2 (city build happens in 2), play no cards, end with 3 energy;
T5, +1 power card, Energy track, NW2 is now Sacred Site; 7 energy; I have Defend 3 there automatically, then Fast, Draw [1] to bring in two Dahan; I add COMaestro’s Defend 4 and take no damage; Slow, Rituals [3] for 5 total damage wiping both town and city + 2 bonus Fear, and 3 energy carried forward.

1 Like