Show off your boxes (photos of your collection)

Did a little reorganising with two new units. Clearly every Kallax has to come with its own feline guard.

15 Likes

They used to pack them in with every purchase. Shameless cost-cutting IMO.

7 Likes

Hmm…

12 Likes

:confused:

Currently packing up about half our house and then moving out for a week so that builders can carry out repairs on the first floor that’s dropping. Previous owners removed a wall they shouldn’t

12 Likes

I could never get the cams tight enough to keep the shoulders in place.

1 Like

I finally have a house for the first time, so the games are out of the boxes for the first time :laughing: bought a whole array of imitation kallax for the occasion :nerd_face:

24 Likes

Loving the old MB games

5 Likes

And if your house ever gets too crowded, a few rounds of Diplomacy should make it nice and empty again.

3 Likes

Pics of new (second hand) Kallax shelves. My first Kallax!

And my older shelves, still from IKEA

And some crappy shelves I bought from Amazon, just fabric and wooden rods

And a small bookcase, a chest of drawers (mostly containing bags and sleeves), and a bookcase that I can’t remember ever buying

18 Likes

You can’t post a picture of an enormous gun without comment! WTF is that thing?

5 Likes

True Fact: I’d looked at that photo earlier, and did not notice the enormous gun.

9 Likes

It’s a replica from the movie District 9

6 Likes

I’m not the only one then

4 Likes

Really? I noticed it right after spotting the sword next to it…

5 Likes

So @bort keeps adding things to that scene and replacing the photo file, right?

Because I also did not see that sword until now.

I am fully expecting someone to point out a person in a gorilla suit in the same photo.

I’m starting to worry about myself…

Mind you, things did start out with the photo containing “a bookcase that I can’t remember ever buying” so maybe it’s just a magic photo.

*Spooky Music*

10 Likes

Now I did not notice the sword!!

5 Likes

I feel like I can start to f*ck with people’s minds… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Shows how our male brains work visually. We tend to focus on individual spots, instead of seeing a more wholistic picture. Obviously having a keen interest in swords made me notice that. If your keen interest is board games, you will focus on them, and if your keen interest is door handles, you will spot the one on the first picture before anything else.

5 Likes

I must have a secret door knob interest, because it’s literally the first thing I’ve noticed every time I go back to look at the pictures.

6 Likes

[strokes beard] Ver-r-ry interesting…

6 Likes

One of my favourite bands sampled the doorknob of their studio being rattled by the subwoofer. It made it onto their latest album.

4 Likes