Selling/ Buying/ Trading Games

Please post in a format similar to…

Location - Country
Ships to -
Games - Title and price (currency)
Photo

Shipping cost

Please check and update regularly. Edit your original post to remove things that are sold.

If you want to buy something, use a DM rather than posting on the thread.

5 Likes

This is up to @RogerBW and the mods, but IMO a game is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

My wife is on a few Facebook games trading groups where people can get quite abusive if they think something is overpriced. Personally I don’t think that’s cool. I think we’re all aware that if something is OOP and in demand then things can sell for well over MRSP.

Just my twopenneth though.

I’m not selling anything ATM so nothing more to add.

1 Like

I suspect that comment on price probably isn’t constructive. If I want to sell my copy of Perudo for £300, well, you can laugh at me by PM.

5 Likes

I don’t know, I love me some Perudo

3 Likes

Price shaming is the BEST part of trading groups.

I’d recommend any criticism (constructive or not) about the prices of listings be discussed in private.

If, for any reason, you feel personally offended by someone’s prices or listings - no difference from any other post: contact a moderator and/or flag the post.

2 Likes

This is why I give mine away. Postal cost shaming is easier to deal with.

1 Like

Indeed it is. My second favourite part is seeing prices priced £1 below what I can buy it new.

I just scroll on past, unless I want the game and I point out where I can actually buy it new for less

1 Like

I’d like to share a story.

I used to own Round House. I bought it early for an inflated price to buy it just after it’s first Essen. It had the promos and expansions in. I was building up to sell it. A friend knew I wanted to see sell and asked what i wanted. I said £40 as it had the hard to get expansions. So still cheaper than a usual bit of MsRP new copy. He thought I was taking the piss as unbeknownst to me all the retailers in the UK had started discounting down to £20 for a new copy.

Then the next problem is that value is subjective. If someone has priced something wrong in your opinion I suggest being as gentle as possible as it’s their choice what to list it for and if you think they’re taking the piss it’s based on some level assumption on your part initially.

On that subject I’ve got a copy of Monopoly which I’ll give you for all your money and your house, thimble, dog, top hat and racing car.

5 Likes

It’s worse when it’s available new, cheaper. I used to publically say something to the seller. Now I just let someone buy it and if there is anyone asking to be reserves, I’ll PM them the details of the cheaper store. Can’t protect people who don’t do their research!

Along the same lines of thought, a reminder:

Prices will reflect what it takes the seller to let go, not what it takes the buyer to accept. When those two figures happen to overlap, a sale will occur.

However, a friendly reminder about the terrible realities of shipping fees

3 Likes

Thread title and topic don’t seem to match =)

3 Likes

Would it be all right to post here for “wanted” games?

1 Like

I was going to suggest we make it a buy-sell-trade thing

1 Like

Let’s get the ball rolling:

Location - UK

Ships to - UK and EU only

Games - this includes the UK postage cost. For EU postage, ask for a quote. I believe it is £11 for EU postage for big box games. Not sure about small ones.
3 Laws of Robotics - £3
Star Cartel - £3
Shadows: Amsterdam- £3
Dead Last - £10.
The Masters’ Trials: Wrath of Magmaroth - £13. Brand New In Shrink
Oasis - £10.
Gunkimono - £23 Brand new in shrink
Tok Tok Woodman - £10 Worn out box. Contents are fine
SOLDAirlines Europe - £35 Brand New In Shrink
7 Wonders - £54 Heavy game which ups the postage cost. Base game + Leaders + Cities + Wonders pack + Armada (w the Syracuse wonder promo). All in base game box. No insert.
Torres - £25 1999 Rio Grande edition (aka the better one)
SOLDWelcome to Dino World - £30 Opened but unplayed. T-Rex level pledge, which includes all the expansions.
SOLDDie Dolmengötter £15

If you’re around West London - Isleworth, Hounslow, Twickenham, Richmond, etc. We can meet up for collection and discount the postage.

I hope it’s fine to ask you to PM me for what interest you and I’ll give you photos of the box and the contents. There’s too many in the list for me to do proper photos on all of them

=========================

Wishlist:
Wildcatters
Container - 1st edition
Winners Circle - Korean Dice Tree edition
Dogs of War
Animal Upon Animal
Age of Assassins
Kogge
Kaivai
Hegemonic
Madeira

I have The Great Zimbabwe on my wishlist but I think I’ll just wait for the reprint than to pay OOP price.

1 Like

Ships to: anywhere, via Royal Mail only, you choose the speed and insurance level
Payment by: PayPal is probably easiest

Leaving:

Wanted:

• Air, Land & Sea whoa, under £15 delivered from Zatu, never mind then
  • Go500 Racing Dice Game (never retailed in the UK, a small cheap game, but it’s £30ish from Americans via eBay because postage)
  • Ghost Stories: Black Secret and White Moon expansions
1 Like

Oh, I am not selling anything, but if anybody is selling a copy of Tales of the Arabian Nights I’d be happy to take it off their hands provided sending it to NZ does not cost an arm and a leg…

2 Likes

I was offered just over £100 for a copy last week, so shipping may not be the only exorbitant cost. :grimacing:

I spied a brand new copy going on ebay over the weekend. I think it’ll still be going.

5 Likes

Hi

Welcome to the forums. Please stick around

Yep. Im watching that one closely.

1 Like